Thread: longtube headers for camaro 84-92

longtube headers for camaro 84-92

I am selling my hedmann longtube headers. never been installed. a few scratches from being moved around. ball flange 1 5/8 tubes and 3" collector. $300 shipped to lower 48. willing to trade for tbi engine stuff.

What kind of TBI stuff are you looking for ? I could definitely use the headers and might have something of use to you along with some cash.
    1999 GMC Sierra 1500 standard cab long bed 4.8 V8 2WD - A work in progress.
    2000 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 - My new daily driver inherited from the wife via the insurance company totaling it out after a minor collision.
    2006 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 Supercharged - The wife's new grocery getter.

looking for better intake for tbi. new tbi. underdrive pulleys. chip burners and ecm with adaptor installed. just lemme know what things you have along those lines. also looking for the stock single fan set up for the thirdgens with upper shroud and lower bracket and in good shape. or a new wideband.
    Last edited by one92rs; 02-10-2013 at 03:28 AM.

I'm curious if you remember the part # for those headers ? If not it's no big deal cuz I know the specs already. I will dig through what I've got and let you know. I know for sure that I have a single fan setup because that's what's on my car now. Good news is that I have a dual fan setup that I was wanting to install anyways so I can remove the single fan setup while the car is out of commission for other repairs. I think I may also have a good '746 ecm with adaptor installed too. I know that I have a suspected bad one, but I think I may still have a good one from another firebird I used to own. Like I said, I'll dig around and see what I have and I'll send you pics then we can go from there.
    Last edited by pmkls1; 02-11-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    2000 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 - My new daily driver inherited from the wife via the insurance company totaling it out after a minor collision.

68466 is the part number.

I may be finally going to multi port injection on my car, so my TBI unit may soon become available. Are you running a stock or mildly modified 305 TBI right now ? If so then my TBI unit may be of interest to you. It is a low mileage holley 670 cfm unit with the smaller and better Delphi bottom feed injectors. The holley units have the same throttle bore size as the o.e. 454 units. My particular unit is holley p/n 502-7 which is actually for a 4.3 S/T truck with the only difference being injector flow rate of the stock injectors. The flow rate of the injectors in the holley unit is still rated at 50pph @ 12 psi which is what stock 305 injectors are rated at anyways so theoretically it should work on a 305 with no problem. Anyway, it is a major improvement over a stock TBI unit and IF you encounter fueling problems at 12psi these injectors can be run at very high pressures with no problem. Just search the forum for a thread with delphi bottom feed injectors in the title and it covers the capabilities of these injectors. I have been running them on my car @22psi and they are too muchat that pressure for the vortec 350 I'm running. Just let me know if you'd be interested and we'll go from there. I will be spending the next few days deciding on my setup and gathering parts so I'm in no hurry if you aren't. Either way I'd like to get the headers, I'm just trying to throw any parts in that you want to lower my cost some cuz the wife will kill me when she finds out how much I'm dumping in my car again lol.

sounds interesting but I have a stock intake which would have to be modified to fit it or change intakes. and if I were to buy the projection intake and have to use an adaptor to run egr it wouldn't fit under the hood I don't believe. sounds interesting though.

It is up to you and I'm not gonna pressure you or anything but it isn't that difficult to get the holley TBI on there. An easy solution would be to buy either a bored stock intake easily found on ebay or the projection intakes as they already have an egr provision. They are a bit taller than stock, but you should still have room for hood clearance. I just barely couldn't clear the hood with the factory air cleaner when I was running a performer rpm intake and a 1" tbi adapter and I don't think the projection intakes are as tall as a performer rpm.

after talking to several people that have used the holley tbi I will say I don't want it.

Actually, that's fine because I don't think I will be able to buy the headers anyway and will probably be putting the throttle body up for sale. Right now I need to focus on finishing my lifter replacement and intake swap so I can get the car running again. After I have my car back on the road again I will worry with other things. I'll check back with you then and see if you still have the headers and if you're still looking for some TBI stuff.

sold!!!