Thread: Making Super adx files?

Making Super adx files?

Well a bunch of people chipped in and built a Super $42 adx file. Wasn't hard, just had to take advantage of the built in options of TunerPro Version 5.

So we have a Super $42, then Dave tells me today that him and Robert made one for the 1228747 ECM which started with a A106.ads.

My question is? Can we use this background information from these Super versions and copy it over to other adx files? I have a couple 427 ECM conversions coming up and I wanted to make a Super Version for it...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Re: Making Super adx files?

What's in the "super $42 adx" that wasn't in the previous $42 XDFs?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Take a look at it, it's in the gallerey under 1227747_EM-2 or something like that. I named it EM when I added a BLM data table to the historygram. It comes out just like WinALDL did. I need to rename and resave as Super.

When I was doing this I asked a questions as to how to add another value of Inches of Mercury. I think Robert helped me do that, then another guy said he had some dashboards and added them, then, then, then. I really wish I had kept track of who particapated.

It's nothing earth changing but we got people together and improved something!

-= =-

Super Moderator

it's not difficult to do.... little time consuming, but i just opened the ADX files in a text editor and copy/pasted the correct sections.

keep in mind, you should make a backup copy should you do this, since it can really kill a file when done wrong.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar
    it's not difficult to do.... little time consuming, but i just opened the ADX files in a text editor and copy/pasted the correct sections.

keep in mind, you should make a backup copy should you do this, since it can really kill a file when done wrong.
    Yeah, I just did this the other night for an $0D ADX the other night. Pretty sweet that it worked. :D
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Thanks guys. I knew it would work but did not know if some ECM had differant paremeters to be set in the adx (datastream definition).

I have a favor to ask both of you. Would you look at our Super $42, file name 1227747_EM something and double check the "Inches of mercury" ?

I know it is off! It just does not read what my vacuum gauge reads. It works, but seems overall low, like something in the math is skewed...

Since all these are a community effort (with specail thanks to Robert for making them in the first place) What do you think we should name them? I used "Super" because the term has been used in the past like the Super 8d I beleive. Should we stick with "Super"?

-= =-

Super Moderator

change the conversion to:

29.9-(X*.349)

and set X as a linked output and select MAP kPa.

also: super 8D has code mods as well, including larger VE tables and stuff like that, but call it what you will.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Thanks Robert! Appears to be accurate now from a recorded data.

-= =-