Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From The Hills of Tennessee

I decided on the Ostrich 2, mostly because I have the newer TBI computer (1993 ~ 1995). For the older TBI computers, the AutoProm is a good option. The Ostrich 2 requires a socket booster for the older TBI computers. The PROM socket in the in the older TBI computers need to be modified to a DIP socket for the socket booster.

dave w

Since I already have a burner, aldl cable, and tunerpro license I am going to buy an Ostritch to save money. If I were starting out with nothing again I would go with the AutoProm for simplicity and overall lower cost.
    1999 GMC Sierra 1500 standard cab long bed 4.8 V8 2WD - A work in progress.
    2000 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 - My new daily driver inherited from the wife via the insurance company totaling it out after a minor collision.
    2006 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 Supercharged - The wife's new grocery getter.

Mark, there is not a 10K switch or resister in the cable. I got it from http://hamiltonfuelinjection.com/

I'm just getting my feet wet with this cable. I'm new to all this and doing research in my spare time, so it takes awhile. I seriously considered the Moates APU1 but taking baby steps right now.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Did the cable you purchased have a jumper or switch for 10k ?

Look at Moates website for AutoProm which has a cable for datalogging and chip burner all in one unit, or Ostrich wheich is just an emulator.

Well, if you are going to tune and emulate then it would be a wise investment to go with the APU1. Once you get started you need to all-in if you want to avoid a lot of headaches.
    1999 GMC Sierra 1500 standard cab long bed 4.8 V8 2WD - A work in progress.
    2000 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 - My new daily driver inherited from the wife via the insurance company totaling it out after a minor collision.
    2006 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 Supercharged - The wife's new grocery getter.