Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: acceleration enrichment on off at idle

I converted my 5.0 TBI Camaro over to the 7427 PCM and I started with this bin http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...5&d=1323147784. It's BJFD described as 94 C-K Truck 4.3TBI 5 speed. I tried using an auto bin but it would always stumble when letting out the clutch and just acted funny in general with the engine cutting out/gaining power at various rpms.
    '88 Camaro 305tbi factory 5 speed car engine all stock except for Thrush(just like a flowmaster) muffler and open element air cleaner. LS1 brakes, wonder bar, Founders LCA/PHB & caster camber plates, Eibach springs, Hurst shifter, Ford 2 speed fan and 17's with 235's in front/275's out back. Running a 7427 $0d. rsmith085 over at TGO

Brake clean is worthless as tits on a bull for finding vacuum leaks... safe way is smoke machine. For those that can't afford or have access to smoke machine... we use a dangourous method. Which I have used 100s of times without incedent. Most dangerous is starting fluid but even it has changed somhow over the last few years and isn't ad good as old stuff. Very short bursts... Safer is a propane soldering torch.

If your not sure about how to do any of them DON"T! Distrbutor can cause flashback, coil can cause flashback, altenator can casue flashback, etc...

Even then you need to rasie idle to stable to see/hear RPM change when you find the leak.

Even then a vacuum leak under intake can't be found.

Then there's brake boosters and PCV valves and anything connected to vacuum.

HTH!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-