Thread: TPI issues

Carb and Points!

TPI issues

So I am trying to tune a TPI for the 1st time. I have tuned mainly lsx engines, FAST, and BS3 setups, so I am a little spoiled. I have all the stuff from moates and i am using tuner pro RT. For some reason it does not seem to matter what I do it dumps fuel. The combo is a 383 with 24lb injectors, 7730 computer and an AUJP. i can change the cubic inch and nothing changes and I can change the IFR for 24 to 50 and still dumping fuel. I am obviously missing something. Any help would be great.

Thanks

W~

What do you mean by "all the stuff from moates"?

There are several items that could be used for tuning from Moates, so a list will be helpful.

Also preferences set-up in tuner pro will help.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    What do you mean by "all the stuff from moates"?

There are several items that could be used for tuning from Moates, so a list will be helpful.

Also preferences set-up in tuner pro will help.
    I have the following from moates

Ostrich 2.0
    Burn 2
    ALDU1
    Tuner Pro RT

As for the preferences I have not changed them.

W~

Quote Originally Posted by webbs View Post

As for the preferences I have not changed them.

W~
    Start there, preferences need to be set correctly. So assuming "I have not changed them" means that they are as the program loads by default, you won't get anything to work correctly, assuming they are set how I remember them to be when the program first installs.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

If you plugged your Ostrich in and it installed, then when you open TunerPro it should find it. If not go to Tools, Preferences, Data Acq and make sure the box is checked for Detect Hardware on Setup.

For the cable same thing, plug in and let it install, go to Tools, Preferences, Data Acq and Interface use plug in, Configure and make sure it is the Com port the cable is installed on.

While the Ostrich is plugged in Tools Initialize Emulation Hardware.

Right click on a blank space on Tool Bar and check them all. Way easier to use icons. Then you can Upload Current bin to Emulator, Verify and then Enable/Disable Emulation.

Find the Parameter Mask ID in you bin file and should be 8D, change it to AA to disable checksum for emulation.

Why it's dumping fuel? Does the check engine light come on, then blink and stay on till vehicle is started, then go out? If it's a big built engine it could need some work to bin file do get it to run decent at all...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Thank you for all the help I,m up and tuning now!!!!