Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: data logging question

data logging question

I am new to gearhead, and am in the process of burning my first chip, I injected my IH Scout 4-5 years back and its time to dial it in a bit. I have purchased the Burn2, G2 memory adpt, 27sf512 chips, and ZIF socket so I think I am ready. In reading up on the TunerPro RT set up it says that you can use this program to stream data...will this replace the need for winaldl and furthermore aldltobin? I apologize if this is a repeated question but I try to ask for clarification before jumping in to something. thanks

TuernPro RT is a bin definition editor like TunerCat and a data logger like WinALDL or Datamaster in one program. With differant files you can do many differat vehicles as well.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...is-a-must-read!-)

As far as getting away from ALDLtobin... well we have spreadsheets to use BLM data from history tables to adjust VE.

What ECM and or mask are you working with?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I am using a 1227747 ecm $42 mask and the ASDU bin/chip.

Also, when downloading the $42-1227747-V3.xdf file I am only seeing the -V4T.xdf...I take it that is the current upgraded file or did I miss the boat there?
    Last edited by Cricket_crawler; 01-29-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: more info

Those had some changes for Turbo 400 trans.

Better choice is $42-1227747-V5.x.xdf and adx in this thread.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

-= =-

Nice, I have everything loaded into tunerpro RT as suggested per starter page. Now I have some logged data from a couple weeks ago from the winaldl program. It is saved as a _BLM file, how would I bring this data into tunerpro? Can I use this data then to burn a new chip or should I log the data through tunerpro RT first?

I'm not sure if yhou can use that at all?

WinALDL is just BLM data.

TunerPro RT you get all data! Just get a new log, you'll be amazed.

-= =-

Sounds good...probably be a while just had shoulder surgery so I am moving kind of slow. If I understand things correctly, all I need to do to prep the ecm is solder in the 28 pin adapter. Or am I missing something?

Don't even need that to data log. But yes that is the hardest part to prepare for using EEPROM chips that can erase with click of mouse.

-= =-

I might be needing to post this in the Tunerpro tuning talk thread but when I try to build a VE fueling history table, all I see is 3 different VE as a %. Am I still apples to your apples just a different name or am I off course here?

That adx already has a BLM history table. Just use to 3200 RPM. It will fill with BLM numbers when you data log. 128 is perfect, below 128 is taking away fuel, above 128 is adding fuel. Use Dave VE fixer spreadsheet in same link as above.

-= =-

Ok, I think I am getting a handle on this...but in reading the "where do you start when tuning a chip" thread, there is reference to turning off the EGR, PE and other related items...how does one do this?
    For this first tune I am tuning a 1975 IH 345 with the 727 tranny, no egr, knock, my VSS is jacked (cheapy says I run 157-215mph!!). The best way for me to put this is I am dabbling with this tune, experimenting if you will, and have a street rod with more of the accesories on it waiting in line. I realize I will not be able to truely dial in the Scout until I throw a few more bucks into it but I have been running this ASDU chip for 4-5 years now and would like to tweak it. Does any of this make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket_crawler View Post
    Ok, I think I am getting a handle on this...but in reading the "where do you start when tuning a chip" thread, there is reference to turning off the EGR, PE and other related items...how does one do this?
    For this first tune I am tuning a 1975 IH 345 with the 727 tranny, no egr, knock, my VSS is jacked (cheapy says I run 157-215mph!!). The best way for me to put this is I am dabbling with this tune, experimenting if you will, and have a street rod with more of the accesories on it waiting in line. I realize I will not be able to truely dial in the Scout until I throw a few more bucks into it but I have been running this ASDU chip for 4-5 years now and would like to tweak it. Does any of this make sense?
    Makes sense to me. all this is completely overwhelming at first. it takes time and patience. starting off with something like what your doing adds to the confusion and makes the learning curve steeper. best way to learn is start changing settings and see what the outcome is. if the outcome wasn't the desired one revert the setting back and try another. You'll get it
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Logged some data this morning...few questions: I recorded the log but am not able to view the BLM history file, I can play it back and see the BLM in action but nothing seems to have saved. I see both my BPW MS from hack and Injector Duty Cycle % are off the charts (never get down below 100%). Finally the Spark Advance from Hack would continually bump higher and higher then it looked as though it would reset to zero...not really sure what I should be looking at with that but it seemed odd. I posted what I recorded (no clue what to call the file so...)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Acquisition, SHow History Tables and you will see BLM table. Or you can Export Log as data.

Acquisition Edit Definition and you can see all the values. Anything marked Hack only works if you applied the hack to bin from Parameters in XDF file.

When you open your xdf and bin you will see a Parameter tree, choose Parameter categories because I set them up on this one. Folders are there for hacks that have to be applied for BPW, Injector Duty Cycle and Spark Advance to work and stuff to turn off for data logging.

Fix your thermostat.

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket_crawler View Post
    Logged some data this morning...few questions: I recorded the log but am not able to view the BLM history file, I can play it back and see the BLM in action but nothing seems to have saved. I see both my BPW MS from hack and Injector Duty Cycle % are off the charts (never get down below 100%). Finally the Spark Advance from Hack would continually bump higher and higher then it looked as though it would reset to zero...not really sure what I should be looking at with that but it seemed odd. I posted what I recorded (no clue what to call the file so...)
    I think the .bin file needs to be edited? See screen shots below.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images