Thread: Hi im the new

Electronic Ignition!

Hi im the new

Hey....so im starting my first project on my 350 TBI 5.7l from my 95 chev 4x4 its running so terrible, no power, no throttle response, no torque nothing so i need some help in trouble shooting.

i am also planning on adding on mods such as a 454 throttle body , i heard that they will bolt right on is this true?????? i was hoping to dial it in using tunerpro rt

I just recently found out about tunerpro rt and so idownloaded it messed around with it for a couple hours and well i dont think i got anywhere lol i was basically just trying to figure out how it works how to use it any plug ins files etc i need to download befor i plug my truck to so im ready for when i do, I read that if i get the aldl adapter to plug into truck and laptop i will only beable to monitor what my truck is doing and not actually be able to tinker with truck computer to change the specs, if thats the case what do kind of cable do i need to get to let me make changes????

A buddy of mine said i should port and polish my heads, what does he mean by that...

I will remind you that i am new to all this so please be specific and pics are even better lol

THANKS..................JT

There are differences in 454 throttle bodies. See the picture below. The 1995 stock 350 intake will need the throttle blade holes bored to accept the older style 454 throttle body. It's a good idea to have the throttle blade bores radiused after boring them bigger.

dave
    Attached Images Attached Images