Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about a Weekend Report?

Re: How about a Weekend Report?

Thanks. :)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

My brother did up a 1st gen scout - right around a 1960 - with the slant 4 engine. Scouts look cool with some big rubber under them and they usually have some pretty reliable axles under them too. I'd drive one if I had one in decent shape.
    and besides, everyone knows IH is #1 **** spreader !
    odd things the police have said to me; "you can't drive that on the road", "I like your cow", "I didn't think you would pull over so quick"

Your a little confused... they are Corn Binders! Massey Furgesen was the **** spreader, I mean compost, or, a, ummm, manure spreader. Yeah that's the one I was looking for...

Also the first Scout built was 1960 and like all other IH was known by a number, it was an 80. Then around 1968 there were some big changes and it was an 800. Then the first Scout II came out in 1971 and at first had no emblems with Scout and was only known as an 810 But that changed the same year to a Scout II and stayed that way until the last one was built in 1980 and had major improvements!!! Galvinized body panels and a 100K warrenty, Dana 300 transfer case, a turbo diesel model, square headlights, improved A/C system, 3 degrees camber in front end, they used to be 0 and wandered. But company problems and it died like the pick up trucks and travelalls all died 1975 I belive so it was just the Scout left till 1980. Except of course farm equiptment and semi, and trucks.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

It was probably an 80 - but he called it the Girl Scout - that is it was for scouting girls lol
    odd things the police have said to me; "you can't drive that on the road", "I like your cow", "I didn't think you would pull over so quick"

Installed my first convertible top this weekend. A real pain to access the location of the fasteners and some of the little ones up front were STUCK, still overall not too bad. It's bright white so I spent as much time washing my hands as working lol

I discovered along the way that the little piece of top that shows below the rear window is only included in the rear window assembly, so I didn't get that piece

I might have fit it a little tight - my butt nearly comes of the seat pulling it closed ...

Man I have not worked on a convertable in years! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Even the TV show... muscle cars or? Took almost an entire half hour to show one being installed by an expert. Even seeing him work I know that was 20 hours work at minimum...

-= =-

Electronic Ignition!

I'll revive this one.....I went to replace the broken pushrod on the slant six in the Volare wagon, and almost lost it in the hole.....the lifter has jumped out of the bore, now I have to decide if I want to pull the head, start looking for a hemi, or (since I already own it) start dealing with getting the 383/727 combo ready.....in the mean time, in order to not disappoint my 12 year old daughter, I poured some gas down the carburetor and forgot the alternator belt was loose from moving the alternator to get the valve cover off, it pulled that belt around, snapped it and the other 2 belts......still didn't start....a little more gas and it started, immediately started rattling a piece of tin off the top of the carburetor, and sprung a fuel leak on the rubber hose going to the carb.....sheesh.....

Well all I have doen this long weekend is finish a 345 IH engine rebuild with .20 over pistons and a Isky cam. Almost got all the little odds and ends sandblasted, primed and painted...

Oh and thanks to everyone here had a big learning curve tuning a 1227730 for the first time! TPI engine in a pickup. Owner was amazed at how well it ran compared to the mail order ship he had...

-= =-

Super Moderator

like those P4 ECMs yet Mark?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Yes as a matter of fact I do. Lots of good stuff in there and after you look through them with a Super or Mod $8d I found the basic is all I needed. Well that and a learneing curve and a little help from my freinds!

-= =-