Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about a Weekend Report?

How about a Weekend Report?

I like the "Whatever Thread" but how about a weekend report? Kindof the same thing but gives everybody a chance to just say hi, or boring or better yet...

I'll start by unpacking my boxs of shiny bling bling things for inside my motor!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Re: How about a Weekend Report?

So are we supposed to actually mention what we did on the weekend? I'm slowly painting my way around the Stang. And I got an RPM switch wired to my IMRC unit. No more toggle switch
    thanx Six

odd things the police have said to me; "you can't drive that on the road", "I like your cow", "I didn't think you would pull over so quick"

Yup! That's the idea, to show everyone what you did over the weekend.

That is a sweet looking Mustang!

What's an IMRC?

-= =-

Super Moderator

i really don't remember accomplishing much this weekend... was going to fix the alignment on the wife's GP, but too much rain....
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

IMRC = Intake Manifold Runner Control - my engine has 16 intake valves but only uses 8 of them at low RPM for more air velocity/swirl/torque - now I have an adjustable circuit that opens the IMRC device and let's me use all 16 intake valves above 3000 RPM

I'll spare you all the excuses I have come up with haha... I'm getting a few runs in the clear coat paint, but some wet sanding and buffing should fix that. I added the stripes :) I think I like them !
    odd things the police have said to me; "you can't drive that on the road", "I like your cow", "I didn't think you would pull over so quick"

The only things I got done this were to get some homework done, and watch some documentaries....

Didn't go anywhere near the car due to the rainy weather. :(
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
    The only things I got done this were to get some homework done, and watch some documentaries....

Didn't go anywhere near the car due to the rainy weather. :(
    Dude! I think you won a bummer award...

You did more than that! I saw you are now a moderator at the prestigeous TGO! Congradulations, probably the youngest in history?

I drove my Scout in 78 degree sunshine!
    [attachment=0:28mim40b]73-scout.jpg[/attachment:28mim40b]
    Attached Images Attached Images

-= =-

I highly doubt I'm the youngest, being in my 30's and all. lol

Oh, I got a hair cut too.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    IMRC = Intake Manifold Runner Control - my engine has 16 intake valves but only uses 8 of them at low RPM for more air velocity/swirl/torque - now I have an adjustable circuit that opens the IMRC device and let's me use all 16 intake valves above 3000 RPM
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVTAK!
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Nice Scout ! I admire any vehicle that makes my Rover look good. Well better anyway ...

@Six - haircut, diploma, TGO - you're on fire! next you'll be running for Mayor

LOL, nope, I can't lie through my teeth like that. :D

I highly doubt I'm the youngest, being in my 30's and all. lol

Oh, I got a hair cut too.
    30's ey! For some reason I thought you were always talking high school work... thought you knew to much to be a kid!

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    Nice Scout ! I admire any vehicle that makes my Rover look good. Well better anyway ...

@Six - haircut, diploma, TGO - you're on fire! next you'll be running for Mayor
    Thanks! It only has 66K on it! I have had it for a year or so and it has caused me turmoil. I have never, never, ever, really never left a vehicle stock. So for a year or so it has been haunting me. I want to leave it bone stock because it is bone stock totally unmolested.

Then on the other hand it has a 258 Six Cylinder that came in Jeeps. IH used them for an economy model. This one also has a three speed and one speed transfer case. Cheap model!

BUT I have a 4.0L HO head, then found a 2005 Tuned Port factory intake. Man it is killing me to leave it stock!

With the 258 Six banger I could also bolt in a 5 or 6 speed from factory Jeeps.

So you see my dilema??? It's a horrible situation! But I think this weekend I decided to do it... I can't sell it as it was a gift from a freind believe it or not... So I think it's getting hot rodded. I may even take out the 4x4 and make it 2WD with a little lowering, skinny tires up front and big fat whatever will fill the wheel well without rubbing or cutting. I don't know? But it's going to get the engine hot rodded and the 5 or 6 speed. Probably 5 speed as the six speed only bolted to the motor in 2006. That was the last year of the Jeep six cylinder and the last vehicle to leave detroit with a flat tappet cam.

-= =-

I am talking about high school work. I am finishing my high schooling to get my diploma. :)

I am talking about high school work. I am finishing my high schooling to get my diploma. :)
    Well now I know why I got that impression! Good for you! Lots of people just won't go back and finish but I admire your fortitude!

-= =-