Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum Adjustable TBI Fuel Pressure Regulator

Was just an example. Think there were others with lower gauges.

As long as you want pressure higher than what the stock is set for, then you could leave as is. Or mod the existing so it's at a lower pressure.

Only question is are the outlet lines/fitting from the tb set up to handle pressure as they normally aren't.
    But I think they design them as such in case of blockage somewhere in the return line.

With the 1:1 ratio, it could work well for boost application too

Quote Originally Posted by 91ss View Post
    I meant something like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-H...f4f68c&vxp=mtr

Just need different fitting to adapt to the steel lines. Basically cut and splice.

28 bucks.

See I would go that route for my application since I already have the Dual TBI setup with an external regulator, only problem is the wimpy 1/8"NPT ports. I would have to machine it for -6AN, that's if there is even enough material to do so. Or buy the Mallory for $120.

I was just helping Dave out with his idea.

Dave, I was going to try to turn one out next week, but I am in the process of re-powering the lathe to try get rid of a vibration from the variable speed belt setup. So it may be a couple of weeks before I get parts. I might try to get part of it done this week at work if I have time.
    Last edited by gregs78cam; 02-08-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post
    See I would go that route for my application since I already have the Dual TBI setup with an external regulator, only problem is the wimpy 1/8"NPT ports. I would have to machine it for -6AN, that's if there is even enough material to do so. Or buy the Mallory for $120.

Dave, I was going to try to turn one out next week, but I am in the process of re-powering the lathe to try get rid of a vibration from the variable speed belt setup. So it may be a couple of weeks before I get parts. I might try to get part of it done this week at work if I have time.
    Hav'nt seen much of you since you bought that lathe/mill... my kid ruined another 5 gallon bucket of used oil for your heater with water/antifreeze... again... stop by if you have time in town.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post

Thanks for the update.

Mark, I will try to stop by next week with an empty bucket. I have been spending a lot of time on my newest toys, I will bring one by and let you check it out. I don't want to threadjack so I will just say...."Kalashnikov".
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

gm part number for vrfpr regulator housing. 17113186. gm parts direct sells it under a new number when this is entered. 19245527 - REGULATOR $91.00. or. http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...ass-regulator/ I have run one of these when carbureted and when I put tbi back on which has a vacuum reference on it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by one92rs View Post
    gm part number for vrfpr regulator housing. 17113186. gm parts direct sells it under a new number when this is entered. 19245527 - REGULATOR $91.00. or. http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...ass-regulator/ I have run one of these when carbureted and when I put tbi back on which has a vacuum reference on it as well.
    Thanks for the information. I can't seem to find a photo of 19245527.

dave w

I believe this is what they look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the pics. I've been using a Marine version fuel pressure regulator for my testing, which looks similar to the pictures posted above.

dave w

nice tbi. was that a purchased one or did you machine the ridges off. with a tiny bit of tweaking that vacuum nipple would work great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by one92rs View Post
    nice tbi. was that a purchased one or did you machine the ridges off. with a tiny bit of tweaking that vacuum nipple would work great as well.
    The Throttle Body (newer style) I posted pics for is from stock Mercruiser 454 marine engine, no machining was done. The marine Throttle Body has only one vacuum port for the PCV.

dave w
    Last edited by dave w; 02-16-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Where does the vaccum line go on the marine version? Looks like it's on backwards and would be an easy plumb into MAP sensor if turned around?

Did they just leave it into throttle bore?

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Where does the vaccum line go on the marine version? Looks like it's on backwards and would be an easy plumb into MAP sensor if turned around?

Did they just leave it into throttle bore?
    It looks like the map sensor port is in the rear just like the automotive version. The front ports are not machined for the emission stuff, only the PCV port in the front. The Coast Guard requires flame suppression for a backfire and a drain for the fuel pressure regulator in the event the fuel pressure regulator should leak.

dave w

I meant the vacuum line of regulator?

-= =-