Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $42 hack questions

Fuel Injected!
    Found the TCC lockup problem. I was also following the *Off for BLM* notations on the "Scalars". I disabled all that where noted with the *Off for BLM*.
    It turns out the "HiWay - Min Coolant" Maxed out to disable seems to disable my TC lockup from working correctly. On TunerPro I can see the lockup come on for a second when the 700r4 is going up thorugh the gears with "HiWay - Min Coolant" disabled. I put "HiWay - Min Coolant" back to normal and the lockup works correctly. I like to hear the thumping of the V8 @ 1400 rpms when lugging up a hill in lockup! ;-)

Never noticed, thanks! Do you have the HiWay Lean Cruise patch? Without it that setting does not need touched. Not really sure what it does if the Lean Cruise patch is not done?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    No I don't have the HiWay Lean Cruise patch. I'm not really heading that direction with this truck. I'm working on towing power.
    I copied the 60 to 100 from he Bin you attached and to this post and smoothed it. Looks and runs better than the Dirt bike hill. Knock counts use to make it the whole way past 255 and start over on my way to work in the mornings with the old adsu SA table. Now I show 100 in the same time period. It going in the right direction.
    I notice when playing back the capture that the time listed on the "monitors" only shows 6:34 for the time but, when I look at the dash it shows the counts that I stopped with. It takes me around 15 minute to get to work. Is the clock time off? Is my capture buff too small?

Not really sure on the times?

I just made some changes to the XDF under HiWay Lean Cruise to not touch if the patch has not been applied. Thanks!

Knock count numbers don't mean much. It's an accumulater and can read anything between 0 and 255 and still not have a knock count. Since data on these is recorded at 1.2 seconds you need to watch knock counts increase, then go back and watch frame per frame and see when they are coming in and where in spark table. Real knock usually increases them quite bit in several frames. You can see in spark advance the spark being retarded.

While playing back a log hit pause, then use Cntrl + ] or [ to move one frame at a time to track them down.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-