Thread: Idle Speed Control

Idle Speed Control

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    These calibrations allow for adjustable idle speed control which is adjusted via thecruise control stalk.
    Now thats a nifty feature! Something like that would be nice for offroad vehicles that have stuff like onboard air compressors or welders driven off the engine.
    Just wish the 411 wasnt so expensive to tune.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Just wish the 411 wasnt so expensive to tune.
    give it time... and not much from the looks of the progress both the delcohacking and some on the TGO forums are having.

also, i wonder how that works... i mean, if it's something like holding the switch in the resume/accel position for a couple of seconds(then switch to off to go back to normal idle), i might integrate that into nAst1.... seems easy enough.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Well, a completely different vehicle, but simillar idea. We used to have a 07 international 4300 at work. It had a PTO to run the rollback bed. On it you would turn cruise controll on, then hit the resume accel 3 times quickly and it would hold itself at a high idle for the correct pto speed.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Administrator
    I can probably find some bulletins on the speed control. Come to think of it, I should mention there's a bunch of information on the GM body upfitter's site:

http://www.gmupfitter.com

It's truck oriented but since we're talking truck applications it's worth mentioning. Here's the speed control:
    http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/b...82a_081412.pdf

Ford's site actually tells you how to obtain software to reprogram body options.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 01-07-2013 at 08:53 AM.