First off let me start by saying how much I enjoy this site. I have only been a member for about a month and my learning curve on EFI and being able to use a program like Tuner Pro is and continues to go straight up.

I come on here to learn and educate myself so that I can gain the knowledge to better understand EFI and maybe someday contribute back to the forum through my experiences. I realize right now I am more of leech just trying to soak up as much as possible. Also I really appreciate how helpful everyone on this forum has been and how I haven’t seen any condescending comments to the newbies that I have seen on many other forums.

In fact I would like to publicly thank David of Old School EFI he has been very helpful, when I was having some issue learning how to use Tuner Pro he sent me a PM offering his assistance and spent at least an hour or two over the phone helping me to better understand the program and how to use some of its tools and for offering his services to sort out any issue I may have.

However, as much as I understand the frustration created by TBI chips, I am in no way interested in coming onto a public forum and bashing anyone. But with that said I have no problem honestly discusses the successes and problems I am having so that other can make their own opinion on the services he provides. I try to be more of a glass half full kind of a person (I don’t always succeed but I try) if it had not been for me and others like me having issues we may have never found this site and would still be completely in the dark when it comes to EFI and still completely dependent and susceptible to being taking by someone calming they got what it takes. Besides some of the issues I have had with my conversion, I am sure will help someone else out with their project. So if nothing else that is worth something.

Eaglemark as to your last post, all of what you said does help and I do understand most of what you are saying.

As far as the timing issues go I have already thought about the total advance being added to the base setting and yes I do discontent the distributor/computer wire when I set the timing and also disconnect the battery to clear the code afterward. I really feel the 11 deg base timing is wrong because I don’t believe there is any way I could put 40+ degs of advanced timing into this motor without it pinging, backfiring or something. Plus the plug readings don’t show any signs of the timing being too far advanced either. I know from tuning carbureted motors they will tell you what it wants and what it doesn’t want if you listen and for whatever reason this motor wants more timing. Yes I do realize that the programed timing tables don’t seem to match the motors needs.

To be honest I think there has to be something else happening. This weekend I plan to pull the plugs and use my adjustable piston stop tool I made to find TDC and make sure the groove on the balancer is in line with the 0 on the tab. Also I have been using a dial back timing light from Snap-On that I have had for over 18 years and I have never compared it against another light to make sure it is calibrated correctly. I actually ordered me a new battery powered single wire timing light today and a timing degree tape for the balancer so that I can better read the timing without having to use a dial back style light.

I am glad you explained the ALDL cable but I had actually already somewhat figured it out when I was browsing through the forum the other day and seen a thread where one on the members was showing a cable that he makes and sells with a switch to turn off the 10k resistor. When I saw that the light above my head lit up and then understood what you were talking about earlier when you said to turn the 10K off on the cable. I wish there had been a link to buy that cable on the Tuner Pro Tutorial, because I would have purchased it instead of the one I got. If I am going to continue to use Tuner Pro is this something I need to buy or is there an alternative to work with the cable I have already purchased?

Again I appreciate your comments and honesty.