I have to say the information on the site is both very informative but also very overwhelming. It seems like as I read through different threads for every question I find an answer for I end up with 10 more question.

Yesterday I was working on trying to get an old laptop so that I can do some data logging when the cable I order arrives. When I got home I remembered my wife had bought an old Dell laptop at a garage sell (I thought it was just a waste of $30 when she bought it home) but I pulled it out of the closet and fired it up. I could not believe when it came on there was already a data logging program already on it (Data Masters) there was some old receipts and paperwork in the case, apparently the previous owner had bought the laptop off of ebay just to do data logging with, pretty ironic if I say so myself.

As far as using Tuner Pro I was able to download some files and play with it some I even downloaded a data log and was able to see it work too.

I have to be honest though as much as I would like to learn how to do my own programming. With me being so computer illiterate and having so many irons in the fire working and trying to run a business I can’t see me being able to dedicate all the time necessary to do mine. If it was more of a stock program maybe, but with my set up already having so many modification like Vortec heads and with sensors like the knock sensor being deleted I think it would be so overwhelming I would not be able to do it. To be honest that is why I tried to use a plug and play option by ordering a chip through TBI chips.

But I am up to learning to doing some data logging and getting the necessary equipment to do some remote chip burning. That way I can learn some of the process and gain a little more understanding of it all. Still I have to admit as computer illiterate as I am this may end up being a major ordeal. As I get closer to that stage I may PM you to find out the cost and details of doing a program this way.

I have two different customer projects in my shop right now that are still a ways from completion but both have 4.3 GM TBI non Vortec motors in them that will also require tuning when completed. So it worth my while to learn what I can.

Also when I do pull a data log of the jeep should I put the base timing back to 0?