Thread: Hello from Wichita Falls, TX

Hello from Wichita Falls, TX

Hello from Wichita Falls, TX

I am a custom fabricator and owner of Twisted Steel Fab.

Became a member because I need to learn more about my efi system and hopefully how to data log using TunerPro and maybe later how to make program changes.

I have a 1983 Jeep CJ 7 with a TBI 350 with a 700r that I pulled from a 1990 K5 blazer. I used a wiring harness and chip (with the EGR and the knock sensor deleted) from Affordable Fuel Injection. This set up has worked fine for last several years. But the motor was getting tired and I recently rebuilt the engine. I installed vortec heads, mild cam from comp (for TBI), had the throttle body bored to 46 mm and installed an adjustable regulator and built the motor with 9.25 to 1 compression. I then had a chip programmed from Brian owner of TBI Chips for the new build.

But now that it is done I not completely happy with the program and am trying to learn how to use Tuner Pro to data log and maybe someday learn how to program my own chips. Brian is working with me to try and solve some my issues hopefully he can sort them out for me.

At this point I have been doing a lot of reading in this forum and others trying to educate myself and I have to admit the more I learn the more I find out I don’t have clue. I have years of metal fabricating and mechanic experience but trying to understand all involved with programming has me feeling dumb as an ox right now.

I have to say there seems to be a lot of knowledge available on this site I just hope I can come to a point to where I can understand it because a lot of it so far has been like learning a new language.

Did you read this one?
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...is-a-must-read!-)

It is all you need for your setup.

Since this is Introductions just start a thread in GM section or TunerPro section and we will help.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post

Did you read this one?
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...is-a-must-read!-)

It is all you need for your setup.

Since this is Introductions just start a thread in GM section or TunerPro section and we will help.

Yes I have read that thread and still don’t understand much yet. I haven’t even learned how to download a bin yet to be viewed on TunnerPro. However I haven’t tried all that hard yet it was late my first few attempts didn’twork so I decided to just stop until I could learn a little more and try again later.
    Last edited by devind; 01-08-2013 at 02:05 AM. Reason: could not read text

You should not have a problem reading text in the forums if you leave your settings alone. If you change your settings in control panel or choose a differant text color in post it could all go bad. There are 2 differant forum themes, Dark and Light.

Downloading is a piece of cake. Read tutorial and when you need a file go to this thread and click on the file needed, it will prompt you, save it to Documents, TunerPro and then ADX in Data Logging, XDF in Bin Definition and Bin in Bin folders. Then with TunerPro open you need to open all three in TunerPro like the Tutorial says, or if it doesn't say I need to fix it.

-= =-

I posted some basic how to for TunerPro over at CK5 when I was active there: http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275801

There is some good information there that might fill in some the information your looking for.

I can say from experience, the AFI chip has a timing table that is completely WRONG for Vortec heads!! The Acceleration Enrichment and Power Enrichment in the AFI is chip is completely WRONG for Vortec heads. When you fix these settings in the PROM Chip, you will be very happy!

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post

I posted some basic how to for TunerPro over at CK5 when I was active there: http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275801

There is some good information there that might fill in some the information your looking for.

I can say from experience, the AFI chip has a timing table that is completely WRONG for Vortec heads!! The Acceleration Enrichment and Power Enrichment in the AFI is chip is completely WRONG for Vortec heads. When you fix these settings in the PROM Chip, you will be very happy!

dave w
    Glad to meet you David. I will check out that thread. Thanks

I am currently running a new chip from TBI.com that is programed to work with the new mods but isn’t quite right yet. I just posted a thread on here with all of specs and issues I am having.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?1428-1983-CJ-7-with-1990-350-TBI-having-chip-proram-issues&p=17724#post17724
    Last edited by devind; 01-08-2013 at 08:07 AM.

On all the forums I am a member of when I make a thread, make a post or reply I always use word to write it then copy and paste. But on this forum it works when I do it from my work computer but when I do it from my home computer I always have to edit my post. Because when I paste it to the forum if you have the dark screen I have to edit the color of the leters to see it and it runs some of the words together and I have to go back and edit it. Like I said I have only experienced this problem on this forum. I also noticed the reply tool bar has more options from my work computer than it does on my home computer. What is going on?

Got me? I know this forum has just about every option turned on.

When you copy from Word you copy a lot more then text, you copy formatting as well.

-= =-

I changed your Toolbar editor to standard instead on WYSIWYG, that has helped guys with old computers and not up to data java. Hope it helps your cut and paste, but text would be better then Word.

-= =-

I have a nice new computer; I think it has something like you said with not having a proper up date. Iwill continue to play with until I figure it out.

Whatever you did it worked on the last reply

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I changed your Toolbar editor to standard instead on WYSIWYG, that has helped guys with old computers and not up to data java.
    I am like the OP, I have a nice brand new computer and had problems. I had to change editor to make it work right. Where on my old computer, I had no issues. Thats what I find odd.

devind, your not by chance running windows 8 are you?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

no its windows 7

Humm. I have windows 8 and thought maybe it might have something to do with it, but who knows.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.