Thread: Hello from Largo Florida

Carb and Points!

Hello from Largo Florida

HI , I'm an Tech Here at a local Electronics repair sales place, been into electronics and computers for all my years, 63 now, I'm also a DAV on pain meds for my back so cant do to too much on the car. I just got a 91 camaro RS as my sole transportation from someone here at work. I put on a broken Digatal Exaust valve, but then it turned serious and stared intermittent dead while in motion. I had no Idea and was stuck so I called a local shop to tow and fix. What a expensive mistake. they took me for alot and put in a distributor and then a ECM, and would not take back ECM even though it did not fix it the second time they tryed. The third time they had to re-replace the distributor sensor again as fix they said. Even made me pay 10 for the ECM core I wanted because its still ok and charged me 450 for. I Even went back 1 week after fix for Idle problem and Wanted another diagnostic fee after refusing called later to tell me 450 for a radiator temp and a idle air actuator, I must be in the wrong business seems like 200 an hour to me. Even had to fight t get my car back. So much for my gripes I had to tell someone.

So I'm looking around for the 1227730 ECM 6811 commented sources I heard I might find on the net. I got the old ECM to make a simulator, but still need another prom to play with , Thought Id make a scanner also with the AVR micro as mentioned on the net I have all the parts from a previous project not made (LCD display and a Atmega324p). Maybe have a digatal Dash as the out come.(Dreamer).

So I'm a Lookin,
    Mr Bill

Well that sucks! I could have made a fortune and saved you 50%!

There's some dissaemblies for 1227747 in the info section, just look around for the right one.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ams-Tuner-Info!

We are looking for some help on commenting a dissasembly if your up to it? It's for the 94-95 LT1 PCM.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...me-other-stuff

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I'm wondering if you can use a 1227727 / 1227730 V6 PROM that has been modified for V8 Service?

dave w