Thread: Simple homemade tbi wiring diagram

Carb and Points!

Simple homemade tbi wiring diagram

Hi guys! I'm new here and I am wanting to convert my 54 Chevy pickup that has a 350 and 700r4 in it to a throttle body system. I have a complete 92 Chevy parts truck that I am going to take everything I need from. I have looked at several different sights that show people doing the conversions and a lot of them show pin out charts and pictures of their finished projects with the wiring harness hooked up.
    I also have a 93' 4.3 V6 on a test stand with the trans hooked to it and the complete wiring harness from the engine plumb thru the firewall and all the dash wiring out of another truck that I have been playing with.

My 54' is a daily driver right now and before I start making it unusable by attempting something that I have never done I would like to know if anyone has a simple wiring diagram that shows only the basic wiring needed from the ECU to the ignition switch that will make the engine start and run properly.
    I have been studing wiring diagrams and understand pretty much how the fuel relay, oil pressure switch, fuel pump and all work. But I don't want to destroy any wiring that I might need later. I have got the 4.3 to fire off by jumping the ign. wire and starter to hot and pouring gas in the throttle body, but for some reason I can't get the fuel relay to come on for the 2 second prime unless I jump the oil pressure switch, then the circuit stays hot as long as the battery is hooked even without the ignition wires jumped out.
    All of the 4.3 stuff was pulled out of a badly wrecked truck by another person and some of the wiring could have been damaged or cut.
    I guess what I'm asking for is more like a diagram of a complete aftermarket wiring harness or one that someone has drawn on their own. Thanks in advance!

How's this?

More of the factory diagrams here.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42
    Attached Files Attached Files

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    That's close to what I'm looking for. I'm going to take it out to my shop and see if I can find all the correct wires and maybe my old conventional mind will get on the right track. I can read wiring diagrams pretty fair, but there are more wires coming out of the computer than I can keep up with. I guess I need to start looking at the pin numbers more closely to be able to seperate the needed circuits from the ones I don't need.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    How's this?

More of the factory diagrams here.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42
    After printing out the wiring diagram and studying it and then comparing it to the 93 4.3 V6 wiring harness, I have a question about pin #C9. The pin out chart shows it will read 0 volts either with the ign on or the engine running,but says it is the crank signal.
    Does the wire attach to the outside terminal of the starter sol that isn't normally used?

Correct! Sort of... It only gets power when the starter is cranking. Not the open terminal on starter but the terminal that get's power when key is in Crank position.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-