Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting up WB in the ADX editor.

Fuel Injected!

Setting up WB in the ADX editor.

Working on getting the LM2 connected to the AutoProm so I can datalog. I am using 8192 baud ( 165 ECM )
    and wondering if the packet offset is 65 and 66 for channel 1?
    Also would you normally match the X and Y axis for WB table to the VE table. I other words is there an advantage to making the table larger?
    Thanks

No advantage to making the table bigger then VE if VE goes as high as your RPM. But like $42 only goes to 3200 in Ve1 so I made it bigger.

What mask ID? Post your ADX.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Mark do you see anything that would stop total pulse width from reading?

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry I missed a few details.
    Bin AWRP mask $94

Quote Originally Posted by POZE View Post
    Mark do you see anything that would stop total pulse width from reading?
    Maybe? Do you have a datalog/XDL file?

I found the ALDL file for it, A139.ds. The total pulse width is actually Total Async Pulse Width so it may not look right. There is also a BPW that is not included in this ADX which is what other ADX files use and can be converted to Injector Duty Cycle.

Robert Saar may be able to clarify this?

I'll help and look at WB stuff tomorrow. There is actually a lot more that could be added to this ADX...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    These are the files I have been using. The data log isn't much.

That's a really cool data stream in that TBI ADX! What kind of vehicle did it come it?

You had the AutoProm Channel 1 installed right but did not do the PayLoad size or Packet Offset. I fixed them but take a look at this thread for further info:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...up-in-TunerPro!

Total Pulse Width is working right, but it is Async, in the data is a Flag for Async so I added it above Async Total fuel, it will come on if Async fuel is used and then show a value in Async Total Fuel.

I also added BPW, with it you can do Injector Duty Cycle, look at $42 ADX, I think that is what you got the AutoProm channels from. It has Injector Duty Cycle Percent Value added and with all this done you can add a MPG History table. Whenever you do an update add a number to version, right now it is V2, so go V3, V3.1 or whatever and we will add it to info thread. No reason to make them better if we don't keep updated ones available.

If you look through ALDL 139.ds file in notepad you can add things. Couple notes, when your looking at Word # they are off by 1 ! I think this is do to hex starting at 0 not 1. So 1 is 0 and 2 is 1 etc...

Also when you get into Word # with 8 bits, numbered 0 to 7. Just type in for Packet Offset in right bow "1" and the hex part will show up correct. Then for Bitwise for 0 to 7 for Operand and Result to test they are:
    0 = 0x01
    1 = 0x02
    2 = 0x04
    3 = 0x08
    4 = 0x10
    5 = 0x20
    6 = 0x40
    7 = 0x80

That log was all Open Loop although O2 sesnor was ready and vehicle warmed up? Also TCC was Locked on at idle?

Nice work on improving data ADX files!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I take no credit for any work on the ADX. Used your thread on AutoProm ADC Interface Channels Set Up.
    I can tell if an engine is happy or not,but know nothing about binary editing although I want to learn.
    Your attachment for the ADX would not connect,it showed a data error. I used 66 for packet offset only because of what I saw on the Channel Set Up Thread. Is that number correct?
    This is a conversion on an MG Midget 1.5L using S-10 2.5 parts along with other custom parts.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...highlight=POZE

I also attached the Bin file with the current tune.
    You mentioned TCC on at idle Hmm!

I remember you now!

You should take some credit, you did learn to work on ADX files and the more you play the better they get. You added history tables! Open up the values and fill in some info, look at ALDL.ds file and add some missing items. Only problem with it is the XDF, I don't have a disassembly/hack for it, so don't know how to change or add things to it? Like for the BPW in ADX to be accurate it needs an offset of Injector Bias added to the conversion, but no injector bias in XDF. Unless your running out of fuel then no biggy?

I'll see if we can turn off TCC. But also that was Open Loop always log, does it go Closed Loop when driving? It was pig rich at idle by O2 sensor reading, but that might be what that engine needs?

-= =-

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by POZE View Post
    This is a conversion on an MG Midget 1.5L using S-10 2.5 parts along with other custom parts.
    all of a sudden, this sounds familiar.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Not sure why it is showing TCC Locked? Could be a wiring issue?

In bin/XDF look for "TCC Enable Coolant Temp. Threshold" and raise it to max should keep it off.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I can idle CL and keep BLM around 128 but the idle is not as smooth as 12:1 - 13:1. I was thinking of using OL and tune using WB. I have both sensors in the exhaust a using the LM2.
    I changed the Flag for Manual Transmission to not checked (0= TCC ) ???? and the Shift Light - TCC is off on the data list.
    I am wondering if there is a better bin and ECM for this application. I was warned by a wise man that $94 hack is not well defined and it might be a problem. Moats screen shared last spring and had no answers on why the AutoProm won't connect. I like testing and learning but now I am wondering if there is a clearly better option.
    I started with a hack that Mark Mansur provided me and last year started using the one you offered because it had more info in the parameters.

Fuel Injected!
    I tried the TCC enable ct threshold to 150 and had no change. After several different changes thought I should try to change the flag and that worked.
    Thanks

I can't find any hack for $94, so if you have one post it up and I will put it in the thread.

Manual trans should be Checked. Also the TCC temp enable...

Pretty sure the AutoProm will read now the way it is set up.

-= =-