Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Setting up WB in the ADX editor.

Fuel Injected!
    I tested it last night with the scope and it goes Asynchronous (triggering injector every reference pulse instead of every other pulse)somewhere close to 1100 RPM. I want to check it with the stock calibration to be sure I haven't created this. Next week I might get a chance to have someones 91 S-10 VIN A to verify these characteristics.

IIRC there is a flag in the ADX file that shows when it goes async as well.

Still really intrigued in this ECM, very differant.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Thinking of that weird fuel table, loosing BLM learn off idle, strange INT settings, I wonder if this was GMs first attempt at a Hybrid SD/Alpha N fueling?

Haven't seen Robert? Hope he didn't loose internet again...
    to my knowledge, GM's first attempt at hybrid alpha-n/SD was the MPFI 60V6 applications, starting in 1988(possibly late 87s)... at close to idle situations, they ran alpha-n, pretty much everything else was speed-density.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Still really intrigued in this ECM, very differant.
    different = PITA. i'd much rather be(and am working on) running a single common mask/ECM to cover pretty much all possible engine/trans combinations... you won't have to learn all of the little quirks of all of the MANY combinations GM produced.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Am I doing something wrong? I cannot get this ADX to connect but it will play data logs. The original file works fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It is probably the payload size, here is one V3.1 that is origanal, if it hooks up and has a glitch try V3.2 it has the glitch fix of - add 1 to body size, if it works with no glitch then add 2 to body size and payload for AutoProm WB channel and try. For three channels of AutoProm it should be add 6.

Acqusition, Edit Definition, Commands, Mode 1 Transmit data and you will see the PayLoad and Body size. Play with these numbers, the problem is there.

AutoProm extra channels have never been tested on this ECM.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Fuel Injected!

Async or not

A few things that I observed working on the 2.5 S-10 that I cooked the MEMCAL .
    Before the meltdown we scoped the injector and reference pulse together. That calibration injected every reference pulse at idle and two injector pulses to one reference during throttle snap, unlike the calibration that I have been using that injects every other reference pulse at idle. I used my ECM and chip on the S-10 and it performed the same as it did on the MG engine. So now I feel more confident the MG system isn't creating any problems. One thing I forgot to check is the OL that was happening just off idle.
    Now would that MG be Async at idle (every other ref pulse) then Sync (one reference = one injector pulse )off idle where it goes Alpha N ? I am not sure if it goes two injector pulses per one reference pulse during AE and PE.

How many injectors are on the S10?

If my understanding is correct for TBI with 2 injectors, Sync fires one injector then the other = 2 reference pulses. Async is both injectors each reference but a total differant fueling stratigy as it can save some BPW for next event or if not needed loose what was saved.

Async during decel is a normal occurence.

We are not sure it goes ALpha/N that was just a theory because of the strange fuel table and staying closed loop but BLM learn stopped... on yours... IIRC.

I'm still stuck on Memcal because of netres chip? Yours is not same as what came with system? Nor do I fully understand how the differences work, but they are differant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    One injector on S-10 and MG.
    I have been using an $83a mask VIN E MEMCAL with a $94 Mask VIN A Bin. Did some testing today. When switching MEMCALS ($83 to $94 and back) and using the same Bin it doesn't appear to have any effect. So far it appears the manual bins in $94 lock the blm off idle.

Both of those came from same motor although different mask ID. So netres and knock sensor should be the same.

I figured out the fueling strategy! It's got no BLM/LTFT, it runs strictly off INT/STFT. So tuning VE table by BLM is not going to work. To check fueling your going to have to use INT, or enable CL. BLM VE fueling only works at idle. Here's why!
    Attached Images Attached Images

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I understand integrator and noticed its active when BLM go to 128. I don't understand the other three.
    Do you think I should just use WB data to adjust VE's?

BLM are not going to work! The other three are why it goes to Short Term Fuel Trim/INT after idle. BLM readings are measured from Long Term Fuel Trim/BLM and you have none...

INT or intgrater is short term fuel trim and very quick and BLM or long term fuel trim will follow it slowly as it fills cells in the BLM learn table.

It's still in closed loop after idle, just no BLM learn, so no LTFT, only INT/short term fuel trim. Not Open Loop!

I would use the Wide Band set to Lambda, it's an easier math adjustment to make to VE %, 1.00 is lambda and .900 is rich taking away fuel and 1.100 is lean and adding fuel... and at least check fueling, the way this is set it may not need any fuel VE changes.

Could also enable CL/BLM learn with settings above and see how the log goes. Since the bin came without I'm not sure how it will react. There is no BLM cell/MAP/RPM boundaries in mask and the way this bin operates I'm not sure if it exists like every other mask/bin/system I've seen. It may only have a BLM learn cell for idle?

Could also set BLM history table to log INT.

This thing really is strange, it's right in the middle of all GM ECM/PCM and differant.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Update on the $94 code in the 1.5 MG.
    After struggling with this for a year or more,double and triple checking the wiring,checking all signals with scope I came to a conclusion that was hard for me to accept but needed to be done. I flushed the$94 and I tried the 12P code from Delco Hacking and everything works fine. After using their tool to calculate the correct injector cc setting and selecting 4 cylinder, it started right up and acts like it should. Will need some tuning but this might just be the code to do what I need. The cooling fan works as expected, data logs and tracing work along with history tables.
    Many thanks to those of you that have gave tremendous amount of help to me on the $94 . Let $94 RIP