Thread: Saying Hi

Carb and Points!

Saying Hi

Hello from Havasu City, AZ and Merry Christmas from a newbie. First post.
    Jim

Merry Christmas to you too! I used to be warm on Christmas, lived in Yuma and rode the Harley to lake Havasu, Bullhead City and Laughlin Nv on the weekends!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    Merry Christmas to you. It is cold here today,and windy but I bet it is colder where you are.
    I have a question for you:
    I have a 94 Chev 3/4 ton 7.4L,4wd dually with a 4L80E chassis under a 54 Chev COE street rod. The original chassis actually went off of the London Bridge (it is here in Lake Havasu City, AZ) and spent the night underwater killing the original ECM and prom BJKW.. 4 years ago I got it running but couldn’t get it to shift until I got a Moates burner and burned a new eprom. It has run fine until recently when the trans got rebuilt, then it wouldn’t shift again. It was discovered that the VSS buffer smoked. It got replaced and is shifting again, but the idle is 2-300 rpm fast.
    I thought I would spend more time researching it all this time. I have both 16196395 & 16197427 ECMs, and what I’ve learned on line seems to point to the correct BCC was BJKW,but I saw that a newer bcc of CAJS was issued to correct a noon shifting problem. I can’t seem to find the CAJS bin...can you direct me as to what is best? Which ECM & which bcc?
    Thanks, Jim

Imagine my surprise when I went to London England in 1981 and no London Bridge? Then I found it in AZ in 1991? My mom said it was still there when she left after WWII?

I don't recall ever seeing a BCC for these starting with Cxxx, but we don't have them all, yet! You may be able to buy a new memcal with correct updated BCC? I'd run what you got if it's working again and work on idle issue until you can find a new updated bin. Something is causing extra idle RPM, good data log may find it!

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    Thanks. We are taking good care of the Bridge for you. Yes, I found the listing of the CAJS bcc in a GM service bulletin #67-71, dated Nov. 2003 to cure intermitent upshifting in the BJBK. Are the two ECMs (xxxx6395 & xxxx7427 interchangeable in that application?
    Jim

7427 will run any mask ID, not sure the other way around? Never tested or heard of testing?

Wow, an 8 year wait for updated memcal?

-= =-