Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $0D/$0E Efan control

I'll teach you how to do screen shots if you teach me how to do cool EFI stuff!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i have pcm 16168625 with an $od bjyl bin changed to work with a 700r4 . im trying to do the e fan control. i put all the lines of code in and its not working .even when i turn ac on it still doesnt work any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Well, I was just testing some electric fan control on my test bench, and it seems to work exactly as the author says it does.

Just a couple things I want to be able to fine tune, like the actual turn on and off temps, but hopefully will be able to sort that out soon.

Anyway, this is originally from: http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/g...n-code-0d.html
    Change in code need for $0D:

Change in code needed for $0E (I haven't tested this yet)

I'm running this code and it works great.
    I would double check the code you put in, double check the addreses and parameters, then double check the wiring, make sure you have it hooked to the correct pin on the pcm.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    I'm running this code and it works great.
    I would double check the code you put in, double check the addreses and parameters, then double check the wiring, make sure you have it hooked to the correct pin on the pcm.

is there any more lines of code that need to be changed other than the 7000-7070 that is at the beginning of this thread? i was looking at some other ones and they had more lines to change.

It's been a long time since I played with this, but I think there's also another hex value that needs to be changed elsewhere to enable the code to actually function.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    It's been a long time since I played with this, but I think there's also another hex value that needs to be changed elsewhere to enable the code to actually function.
    i was looking at another thread http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...t=fierobsessed
    it had 7c60:BD70
    7c70:19

do you think these are it and be the same for this one? also in my hex editor there were alot more hex values in the same lines do i leave them as is or change them to 00 ?
    Last edited by bonnieclyde100; 09-29-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    i found at the top of this thread to change line 7c6F: from D399 to 7020 so i will try that first.

Fuel Injected!
    well except for coming on with AC it work with temp controls. not sure why its not working with AC. anyway on tunerpro to see when ac is on?

Fuel Injected!
    I've read a bunch of different efan mods for the $0d. They all seem to be different forks of the same code.

The challenge I've had is I have a fairly poorly documented/supported 4.3 cpi engine. I spent about 10 hours on this project so far. I completely abandoned it then stumbled on another thread where they show separate code for efan control a and efan control B. Control B uses the "air solenoid pin e7" iirc. That seems to work with ac commanded on. I've only got a probe on the pin with my emulator but everything seems to be legit.

If I install any of the code for efan control A nothing works.

I'm trying to steal an unused pin from my harness and move it over to efan controls B pin and test everything with the engine up to temp. Will advise in this thread my progress. I believe the code for the air solenoid doesn't seem to care that I have a 4.3 cpi and it should definitely work on any tbi setup.
    Last edited by uhlhazard; 10-07-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    HA! Got the E7 pin working!

So my troubleshooting was part of the issue. My pin E3 goes to a RELAY first, not the imtv. Well I still tested for changes on the imtv pigtail with nothing happening. Turned out my relay was bad. The 4.3 cpi 92-94 (95 possibly too) has 2 relays on the firewall on the drivers side. They are identical. The fuel pump portion is easily identifiable as it has large gauge wires compared to the imtv harness. I suppose someone smoked the fuel pump relay and just flipped the relays. When I installed my supercharger they remove the imtv and replace it with a huge rubber plug so I've never used it.

I didn't realize the bad relay until I swapped e3 to e7 then began tracing it when nothing was working. I got a good gnd signal at the ecu when desired so I knew it was a wiring issue. Checked with my service manual and that is when I realized it hit a relay first. I cut the wire from the relay and routed it to my efan solenoids now everythings working great!

The code works absolutely awesome. Now that the auxiliary efan control works I'm going to try and figure out if I can make the primary efan control work again as I do have 2 single speed fans.

Fuel Injected!
    uhlhazard and/or bonnieclyde100,

Although this is an old thread, I wanted to resurrect it since I am running the same 700r4 trans and a dual efan setup (Intrepid) with my 8625 PCM for my 4.3L TBI S-10.

If either or both of you are still around, would it be possible for me to get copies of your .bin, .adx, and .xdf so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 57 Handyman View Post

Although this is an old thread, I wanted to resurrect it since I am running the same 700r4 trans and a dual efan setup (Intrepid) with my 8625 PCM for my 4.3L TBI S-10.

If either or both of you are still around, would it be possible for me to get copies of your .bin, .adx, and .xdf so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
    Let me look around to see if I still have it. I have an l31 v8 now so all obd2.
    "If you don't have constructive feedback, then feed your feedback back up your backside" Author Unknown
    94 GMC T15 Jimmy 4.3CPI 4l60e lots of mods, retail value about 1500 bucks

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 57 Handyman View Post

Thanks,
    here is what I'm currently running but of coarse my engine tune wont run your engine cause mine is an 8 cylinder and 4 injectors where yours is a 6 with probably 2 injectors.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    uhlhazard and bonnieclyde100,

Happy New Year to you guys!!! Wow, thank you for responding and agreeing to assist me; anything that you provide will be useful! Being a newbie to turning, I can use all the help I can get. Using what you've developed will put me that much more ahead of the process.