Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tuning options for Dodge Mopar

Fuel Injected!
    See what I mean? People show up, say they can do it, then leave, never to be seen again. LOL
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    I did it, but it was a clusterf*** of awkward, and I took ~1.5 year breaks from this place.

There are more affordable 28DIP to PLCC32 adapters to make a dual Ostrich setup work now. 96-98 "wrap around" "book style" JTEC is pretty easy to chip, the potted in jelly JTEC+ (and whatever the potted in hard jelly gold case WJ ECU is called) suck to deal with to the point I would not even try.

I'll cough up an un-passlocked version of my 97JTEC.xdf if anyone wants to dig through it and see how values are expressed.
    There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it can not be overcome by brute strength and ignorance.

Administrator
    As a matter of curiousity I'd be interested.

Electronic Ignition!
    I have SCT Advantage 3 coming in the mail... With that I'll be able to write tunes for my 98 ram v10 or any dodge vehicle... Just needs my SCT Flasher to put it on the vehicle.

Fuel Injected!
    SCT its a 1 licence per vehicle thing?

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by NISANDA View Post
    SCT its a 1 licence per vehicle thing?

The flasher is a 1 vehicle at a time flasher. It gets locked to a vehicle until it is loaded to stock file. It comes with some preset tunes specific to your vehicle and sct advantage allows you to write tune files

Fuel Injected!
    Uh, yo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it can not be overcome by brute strength and ignorance.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_neoffroad View Post
    hi, guys.. just registered after following this whole JTEC reprogramming thread.. it sucks to see that good progress came to a grinding halt..
    hopefully, i just may be able to help and get this show back on the road...

i noticed that the JTEC wiki isn't working - except for links to a couple pictures..

so, hopefully between here and speedfreaks, this can get worked out..

as far as this SCT company, it looks like they're just flashing calibrations, rather than the whole eeprom..
    does anyone know if the pinout for this motorola z3 processor exists (or as least for this processors' maskset)
    need to find out if this eeprom has the programming voltage and reset pins going to the processor.
    (can we just get the eeprom to drop into programming, or does it need to be bootstrapped like the motorola ME7 / 7.2 / 7.5 ecus?)

i know a lot of the newer chrysler pcms' use that SCI bus specifically for programming - not sure if the older ones even have that bus...

so, if we have a pinout of the processor that's in there, and if the correct programming pins go from the eeprom to the processor, it's just a matter of finding all the calls to the port that controls those pins, and working backwards from there.
    usually for 'security', a lot of these obdii programmable pcm / ecu's will use some completely screwed up sequence of commands to enter a programming mode..
    GM uses a seed / key for security access
    Subaru uses a pin that goes to B+ voltage
    volvo actually uses the central electrical module to do all the dirty work - it puts all the modules in the car into a 'bootstrap' mode, all the data is sent to the CEM; which then decides if the data is good / checksummed correctly, then it will program the corresponding module, then reset all the modules in the car to take them out of 'bootstrap'
    (BTW - you can just bootstrap the eeprom in a volvo ECU, and directly read / write to the ECU via a basic K-line connection)
    The older nissan JTEC ecu's had commands you could send via diag line to read out the ecu - one byte at a time

I guess one obvious way to make this easier would be to record the argument between the PCM and a J2534 during a standard calibration update.

The maps, axis, and scaling information is a pretty straightforward thing to do. I don't understand some of these other posts by 'those in the know' about the stock PCM not having the 'resolution' to do this or that...
    part of the formula that the pcm / ecu uses to calculate how long to fire the injectors is 'injector deadtime' - this is the value you use to change the size of the injector - you change that, and everything else on the fuel side gets scaled accordingly.

using a stock pcm / ecu, you actually have a very good amount of adjustment (plus all the factory safeguards) - oh, and for those with OBDII, when inspection time comes ALL the OBDII test calibration stuff is in there too... hell you can set it to run all your monitors at idle, in 5 minutes if you want.

I am completely hellbent on being able to reprogram this pcm....
    it's a motorola processor - so BDM is a viable option - even to just 'watch' what the processor is doing

I understand (in a way) what the 'companies' are trying to do.. "I know something you don't know... unless you want to pay.." I understand they have overhead, development costs, marketing, and of course; since the only people who can really afford some of this 'tuning company' stuff, pretty much piss money, they need to make a hefty sum since only a few people will have enough money to buy...

Dilemma did a open-source project for SAABS - T5 suite, T7 suite and T8 Suite. sure, if you didn't have the technical knowledge to do it yourself, most of the higher-end cookie-cutter tunes from companies were between $120-$350. That is a much more realistic price for your average person to pay..

And, another reason this should be obtainable info - if the car companies have their way (a couple car companies are whining to congress) - vehicle pcm / ecu's may be soon covered under the DMCA....

if anyone has copies of the stuff that got posted to JTEC.INFO, it would be great to be able to get copies....

Even if this PCM needs to be bench-flashed with some type of harness, it really needs to be figured out!
    I'm sick of having vehicles with ECU's that can't be screwed with! I just finished my Discovery I ecu.. there really was NO info on it out there - thankfully, it just used 2 socketed EPROMs..
    jtec.info back online, sorry it took me so long to notice this, ive been away a long time. mediawiki auto update caused a skin failure

Quote Originally Posted by mekkis View Post
    Uh, yo.
    Without downloading them, are these tunerpro files?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Without downloading them, are these tunerpro files?

the 2 .bins are the rom dumps i think i provided years and years ago, the other is his definition file for tuner pro. if i can find my socket jtec which i havent seen in like 10 years im going to try it out. otherwise i guess im going to build a new socketed jtec.

Electronic Ignition!
    mekkis this is awesome. If only i could find my socketed jtec. i havent seen it in 7 years. All we need now are some cool flags and maby some real time emulation.

Electronic Ignition!
    mekkis, have you got any notes if your process, or the disassembly, or anything about how you located these addresses or anything?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by enlight22 View Post
    mekkis, have you got any notes if your process, or the disassembly, or anything about how you located these addresses or anything?
    It is located in this post some pages back. I made notes to this thread as I was laid up on the shop couch, sick, hashing out the .xdf

Carb and Points!
    Anyone ever put a 411 ecm in a 98 ZJ with the jtec pcm? I'm tired of no tuning solutions, I have a bdm... I have successfully talked to 411 ecms thru bdm now. I don't see why I cant communicate with the jtec the same way. Mekkis, do you offer tuning for these cars? If I can pull the bin, do we have a completed xdf with timing tables? If I can pull a bin, I can write it too.

Hi, guys!

I live in Russia and build 4.6 stroker ('99 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ).
    I need to tune my JTEC PCM.
    It has ab28f200 chip so I've unsoldered it and read the programm.
    But PCM has film-like board and while tuning I'll need to soldered the chip several times. That will destroy the film.
    There are some pads near the chip so how can I use them to reprogramm the chip?

0_91c0b_286f8e83_XL.jpg

Thanks
    Albert