Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tuning options for Dodge Mopar

Fuel Injected!
    Still not understanding but good to see this thread is still alive!
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
    Still not understanding but good to see this thread is still alive!
    Basically, what the GM guys only wish was cheap and easy for them, is for JTEC.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...in-a-OBDII-PCM

After seeing what your doing here I'm sure you'll figure it out!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Learned a hard lesson about JTECs, both chipped ones are now dead. They are the LEAST ESD tolerant hardware I've ever dealt with. I suspect both units would still be alive if I had made sure the case was grounded when powered, but I have some doubts. Chipping is a great way to recover one that's had a bad flash, I am not sure if it is a viable method of tuning on a budget.

Fuel Injected!
    well thats a bummer :(
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    It's a bit pricey, but the concept of a dual Ostrich or RR adapter board is 100% viable.

Fuel Injected!
    Proof of concept.

Stock 5.9 Magnum with Mopar Performance intake and Holley TB stamped "prototype" on it. Was one of Ronnie Sox's cars, converted to EFI in '98 using a '96 donor.

Now, pull the boring old 5.9 and build a Magnum-based 408 with EQ heads and a mild cam.

Alright, I'm ready to do a turbo Cherokee now.

Fuel Injected!
    pretty decent power from a stock 5.9. so im assuming you found a way to tune the JTEC?
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    A JTEC. I've done "this" for over a decade, true familiarity with a platform requires tuning 50, and you aren't a master until closer to 500. I have a good grasp of 96 and 97, a good feel for the rest of JTEC, with two bricked JTEC+ on my bench.

I may tune enough to cover my investement in gear, but at this point it's all my stubbornness and trying to rationalize why I need another fuel hog Cherokee, that keeps me going.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by mekkis View Post
    A JTEC. I've done "this" for over a decade, true familiarity with a platform requires tuning 50, and you aren't a master until closer to 500. I have a good grasp of 96 and 97, a good feel for the rest of JTEC, with two bricked JTEC+ on my bench.

I may tune enough to cover my investement in gear, but at this point it's all my stubbornness and trying to rationalize why I need another fuel hog Cherokee, that keeps me going.
    because they are awesome. I really need to update jtec.info with this interesting progress.

Carb and Points!
    What would one need to acquire to do work on this? As in equipment and skills? I have some experience with the earlier LM/SMEC/SBEC systems, though not anywhere near as much as shelgame has.

Been following this JTEC hacking through several forums for a while now (34blazer gets around lol), I have a '72 D100 I'm swapping a 4.7 5-spd into along with a factory harness and computer, that will eventually be pretty heavily modded and probably boosted, so I will need control of the parameters. It's either hack the Jtec or go MS. I also just picked up a '01 Durango with a 4.7 that I'd like to tweak, although just a regular plain tuner would probably do me fine on it.

Fuel Injected!
    HA!

Ive about given up on this, it would be nice to see something come out of it.
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    Off subject.
    I have the cmr dodge gas software. If any other tuners need a file built. Im willing to help them.

Carb and Points!
    I did some looking into the SCT stuff and I think I'll probably just go that route. Costs a bit but it will work.

Fuel Injected!
    Bump. Just curious if there were any updates from anyone?
    '86 Grand National