Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tuning options for Dodge Mopar

Fuel Injected!
    well I have an account, so Ill give it a shot since Im not much of use otherwise LMAO.
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by enlight22 View Post
    i wonder if this guy could be of assistance, http://www.linkedin.com/pub/emilio-perez-pmp/7/b60/487

have a look at his resume, he worked on this pcm, search jtec in his profile, worked at motorola aieg, on the my series of controllers for daimler chrysler...

probably wouldnt help us though... but itd be nice..
    Do we have pictures of all the different flavors of JTEC hardware? I ask because that LinkedIn profile suggests three evolutions of hardware... I'm interested in how interchangeable the code itself is, as I've a friend who just acquired a 2001 XJ and is asking after fooling with it.

Fuel Injected!
    Hum... http://www.nastf.org/files/public/DC...x_10-29-04.xls

Looks like 96-98 JTEC, 99-04 JTEC+, and JTEC Lite is for uncommon auto trans control. I think I have a bricked JTEC+ somewhere, should compare handily to the engineering sample JTEC I have kicking around.

Fuel Injected!
    More looking about has JTEC+ as a pretty fractured market. 99+ 4.7's have their own hardware as they are COP, with a few other quirks among the distributored 3.9/5.2/5.9 hardwares, and I haven't even looked at the Jeep stuff yet. There's some 3-->4 ECU plug changeover that happens between '02-'04, might be early NGC3 controllers - IDK, the only NG3 I've fooled with is wiring a resistor into two 05 SRT-4 so they couldn't throw a code for the battery temp sensor when flashed with 04 code, and I don't remember what they looked like.

Fuel Injected!
    still interested in this thread. I wish I could contribute more. just found out that tuition assistance was cut today(AF) so thats going to hurt my ability to get more formal training in this field. still studying in my free time(which isnt much) and its amazing how much is out there to learn, just not very organized and not complete.
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    You're fine. I was worthless when I got into this - not that I'm all that and a bowl of grits now, but I've come a long way. It takes time and effort, just like everything else in life.

Fuel Injected!
    From JTEC.info: http://jtec.info/index.php?title=Fil...C_Overview.JPG

The engineering sample ECU has a daughterboard clipped on top of the MCU, with ribbon cables going from it to the three rows of pads on either side if the MCU. Pair of Hitachi HM628128LFP-7's, couple SMT components and a transistor. I'll post pics when the internet is back up at the house.

Fuel Injected!
    ping
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mekkis View Post
    ping
    so what is the purpose of the daughterboard then?
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    bump
    Last edited by mekkis; 05-22-2013 at 04:09 AM.

Super Moderator
    might want to try that again... red text is quite garbled.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Good catch, thank you. Red text still sucks, but is readable. I forgot how poorly mspaint rendered jpgs.

Fuel Injected!
    Progress...

Fuel Injected!
    And, honestly, as per the chipping OBD2 GM thread, if I had some SMT pin headers on hand I think we all know what I'd rather be doing. Unless JTEC has funky ground plane issues that prevents dual Ostriches, like some Nissans. In which case I have a QH collecting dust. Just needs some adapter boards, and I'm in the running.

Fuel Injected!
    FYI, the chips are the quirky odd/even affair. I used the venerable (Nissan) Rom Editor to merge the binaries, but I understand WinHex supports that function, and John Kerr of Nismotronic fame has a simple utility he scripted that does the same.