Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning options for Dodge Mopar

Electronic Ignition!
    my 98 5.9 jeep was manufactured 11/97 so that may explain the 1997 cal..

Fuel Injected!
    so any updates?
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    My info is several years old,but for safety reasons I feel the need to post it up.
    I was looking into a solution for tuning a neon several years back and asked about on some boards.
    My questions were promptly deleted and I got a nice pm from the admin asking to please not ask about tuning dodges etc..
    He said that mopar actually retains licensing or patents on their programming and every time they sniff one out are quick to sue the crap out of them.
    Apparently they go after sites as well because he was pretty paranoid.
    He said that it is done,but never talk about it on the boards.

Research at the time confirmed what he said I remember,as at the time there were only a couple tuners authorized to reprogram calibrations though there were "tuned" pcm's available from the parts dept as well.

Like I said,not sure if this is true or not but something to be aware of.

Fuel Injected!
    makes sense considering the bin files were delected off another forum once i started asking about it. chrysler has also started using encryption chips from what ive read(on 2011-newer vehicles). if thats the case, they can have it, ill swap to a 0411 LOL. just need to figure out if the solenoids in the trans will work with the 411??
    '86 Grand National

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, if they sued people then you'd have folks linking to actual court dates and case numbers. I'm sure they have zero interest in private parties reversing cars that are under warranty - save for the cases of large tuning houses that approach the OEM directly to purchase their white papers with clear intent and marketable motives - but anywhere from the moment the car goes off OEM warranty to 7-8 years old they really stop caring.

Moving on.

Today we are sick in bed with the laptop, poking at an xdf I lightheartedly call "97JTEC.xdf" based off of the previously posted 97 BT 5.2 Regulated MT 04852983AA.bin‎. Expect this to be abandoned quickly, as I have other obligations that occupy me 8 days a week, other reversals that are actually vehicles I own (none of it on hand, at the moment), and the attention span of a goldfish. What were we talking about?

CHECKSUM

0x002102 (perform 8 bit checksum on all the 97 binaries - do you see what I see?)

FUEL

Primary fuel map: 0x002B82 has the 8 bit value for # of rows (RPM). 0x11 = 17 rows. 0x002B83 has the 8 bit value for # of columns (MAP). 0x09 = 9 columns. The fuel map begins at 0x002B86, 16 bit values, (X*4)/1000 renders it to mSec pulsewidth. Actual row/column scalars are located somewhere else, I can't find them right off.

Fuel map, with EGR on: row/column scalars at 0x002CB8/0x002CB9, fuel map begins at 0x002CC.

Part throttle enrichment table: 0x002E4F/0x002E50 scalars, map begins 0x002E53. Additive to base fuel tables when not in PE mode.

PE multiplier, 2D table at 0x002F12. 8 bit values, for the even address location each value converted to decimal - (X*31.875) results in the RPM headings, for the odd addresses the 8 bit value converted to decimal (1+[X/256]) results in the multiplier. So, the first string of 13 20 3F 20 results in ~ 600 rpm 1.125 mult 2000 rpm 1.125 mult. You guessed it - 17 values long.

Injector minimum pulsewidth ~0x002B79, or a value or two after that. Going off the top of my head, can't find where I commented that.
    Last edited by mekkis; 02-16-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Fuel injector latency, same 8 bit format as PE multiplier; voltage/mSec/voltage/mSec, etc. 0x002DEF. Decimal value divided by 16 equals voltage, Decimal value times 16 divided by 1000 is mSec.

The MAP pressure trips into PE mode, as well as the TPS trip points, is a bit of a mess as of yet. Still working on it.

Fuel Injected!
    What I have typed into TP5 so far. I am very much NOT certain that the Fuel/Ignition table RPM scalar is accurate. Load one of the 5.9 binaries in and they end up hammered. Everything else should be good.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mekkis; 02-18-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Edited in the name of progress

Nice work and great progress!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    this is such awesome stuff, mekkis, do u mind if i copy this new stuff onto my jtec.info site, or if your interested, ill make u an account and you can add/modify whatever u want? also mekkis, where did u get the bins u posted on post 54, or are they the bins i posted to thespeedfreaks ages ago renamed... just curious how they were obtained
    Last edited by enlight22; 02-22-2013 at 03:58 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Take it, its yours. I'll try to flesh out the xdf, and fix the broken axes in whats there, this weekend. I'm still sick and not really getting better, so another day of bedrest is in order.

Fuel Injected!
    BTW, this was given to me some months ago and I've not had a chance to crack it open yet and peek. The black heatshrink affair at the top left is a stack of watch batteries with power wires going into the case, I assume to maintain memory on some sort of volatile RAM affair, and my hand is blocking two wires banana clipped together which I assume to be some sort of communications bus. Worst case it's junk or complicated, best case it's something straightforward and relevant to real time flashing/tuning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Electronic Ignition!
    well that is interesting, i wonder what is inside? where did that craziness come from. Might be an instrumended jtec... i have heard of such a thing mentioned... never seen one.

Fuel Injected!
    maybe those wires connect directly to the main processor itself? interested to see what you find....
    '86 Grand National

Electronic Ignition!
    i wonder if this guy could be of assistance, http://www.linkedin.com/pub/emilio-perez-pmp/7/b60/487

have a look at his resume, he worked on this pcm, search jtec in his profile, worked at motorola aieg, on the my series of controllers for daimler chrysler...

probably wouldnt help us though... but itd be nice..