Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning options for Dodge Mopar

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    what kind of processor in them?

otherwise, megasquirt or GM OBD1/OBD2....
    Robert, if i can find out which processor the PCM has would that help?

Super Moderator
    if the processor can be determined, then the BIN can be disassembled.

BIN is probably in a FLASH PROM, so that would either require desoldering and then read in a burner or getting the PCM to spit it out over the DLC.

if it's a relatively common processor, chances are better that someone will be willing to take it on.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    LOL even people on the dodge forums recommend swapping to a GM PCM. So, what would be a good canidate for a swap, the 0411?

Quote Originally Posted by 34blazer View Post
    LOL even people on the dodge forums recommend swapping to a GM PCM. So, what would be a good canidate for a swap, the 0411?
    If you want to use OBDII, that would be the one I would choose.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    cool thanks

Fuel Injected!
    i think i found something that will help....

http://jtec.info/index.php?title=Unk...ew&action=edit

looks like a Motorola mc68hc16z2 processor

source....
    http://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram/279733-pcm.html

found some bins...

http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...CM-Flash/page2
    Last edited by 34blazer; 12-28-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Super Moderator
    6816 is totally workable...

now, can you get access to the BIN(s)?

Fuel Injected!
    well i downloaded these from speedfreaks, wont open on my computer but maybe you can get it to open

source, post #31

http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...CM-Flash/page2

also found this link, this guy wrote a plugin to disassemble bins

http://www.andywhittaker.com/ECU/Dis...S/Default.aspx
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 34blazer; 12-28-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Super Moderator
    256KB BINs..... plenty to play with. the "52" BIN i have opened is empty from 29FF6 to the end of the BIN at 40000..... LOT of extra space.

odd that they use a 6816 as a main processor and a pair of 6811s for fuel/spark control... simplifies the main calibration a bit, but it would introduce things that cannot be changed....

anyways, i had that one loaded into IDA, but i have no idea where the reset vector is stored on the 6816s.... when that and the other vectors are determined, then i can get it disassembled at least.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RobertISaar; 12-28-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    LOL glad you can make some sense out of it. you get this figured out and ill buy you a case of beer lmao

Super Moderator
    if i get it figured out, from the sounds of it, i'll be putting a couple of dodge tuners out of business.

Fuel Injected!
    nah, they might have to work a little harder lol

Super Moderator
    found the pink book for the 68HC16....

good news is that it acts like an updated/upgraded 68HC11..... the bad news is that it's basically the halfway point between a 68HC11 and the 68332 as used in a lot of GM OBD2 stuff.... it's basically a 68HC11 with integrated bank switching capabilities and makes for some rather confusing instructions...

but i did find the vector table, so i have some idea of how the code is going to execute.

the reset vector is actually kind of hard to calculate due to the bank switching... but it looks like it is 10000h.

i've gotten a little bit of it disassembled..... initial impressions are that it was definitely not created in a lower level language.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    found the pink book for the 68HC16....

good news is that it acts like an updated/upgraded 68HC11..... the bad news is that it's basically the halfway point between a 68HC11 and the 68332 as used in a lot of GM OBD2 stuff.... it's basically a 68HC11 with integrated bank switching capabilities and makes for some rather confusing instructions...

but i did find the vector table, so i have some idea of how the code is going to execute.

the reset vector is actually kind of hard to calculate due to the bank switching... but it looks like it is 10000h.

i've gotten a little bit of it disassembled..... initial impressions are that it was definitely not created in a lower level language.
    i wish i could understand and help more Rob, any suggestions on what i could do to help? im studying hex and binary in my free time but if theres a way i can pick this up faster let me know so i can help. anyway, if you want to visit speedfreaks there is others out there that have made some progress if it helps. feel free to chime in as well, im sure your knowlege would be welcomed. Thanks for your help this far!

http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...-tunning/page3
    '86 Grand National

Super Moderator
    not much to do to help, unless you have any specific knowledge of the 6816...

the info from that thread does match a lot of what i have found to be true as well.... so it seems i'm at least on the right track.

i have the file i've been working on fully or at least close to fully disassembled.... good news is that there actually doesn't seem to be that much calibration to it.... bad news is that it means there is a WHOLE lot of algorithm to go through to try and understand the calibration. with no kind of reference to go off of(like the ALDL stream in GM OBD1 stuff), i really can't get much further than this.

i can upload the IDA and ASM files so far, but i don't know how much use they'll be to anybody.