Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $42 hack and hiway lean cruise patch

ASDU is auto 700R4 and my favorite bin for conversions or anything for that matter $42 related, ASDX is the manual choice.

I'm aware of the small space but 1227787 $4F is same bin size and has one bigger VE table. In $42 hack it looks like some space is used to first get VE2 then blah blah blah get VE1 and adjust. I beleive there is a hack for $4F and $4E in the info threads, I've always had it in mind for improvements to XDF/ADX files or comparison to improving the $42 VE table. Cool option in $4e is a bit for open loop idle. But IIRC $4F was a manual and TH400 only. Not sure how much is used for the tranny end as looking through $42 hack all tranny TCC stuff is still there for shift lights and TH400 kickdown.

$A0 is another 4k bin C3 ECM with a HiWay Lean Cruise patch if it may help?

ABHM was superceded to ADTS and ABHN was superceeded to ADTT... back then all I've ever found as differences in the cal was air pumps for CA requirements. Fed or canada like my Suburban did not have Air pumps, the bin is max temp to enable.

Funny story of air pumps on these, I was tuning one with wide band and when it went into PE AFR went super lean? Since there's no aldl data for air pump I didn't notice, I found in the hack that air pump is enabled for 5 seconds when entering PE... there went half a day...

I'm really glad your doing this and can't help with dissasembly stuff, but am willing to help with experiance in these. Also will do the XDF end for compleation of your efforts!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Here is lean cruise source file with batch file to create bin. Got this one right on first try. Now I will add the ECS done patch. it will be asdx2 + patch so it will include hiway lean cruise.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Here is ASDX3, ASDX stock bin + Hiway Lean Cruise + ECS_Done patches with a make bin file. I'm starting on ASDU next, I couldn't find ADTT in your archives.
    Last edited by jim_in_dorris; 12-20-2012 at 04:28 AM.

I don't have ADTT either, sometimes that happens? Best match for 5.0L Auto 700R4 truck is AMTU. It is a good fed file, Air is turned off. Even if you found ADTT I doubt you'd find much differant the the Air turned off?

-= =-

Thanks. ASDU is going to take awhile, there are 268 calibration changes between the 2 files. I have to do conversions, and figure out comments also, so it's slow slogging.

The more I compare bins the more I get confused, same motor and so many things are tweaked a little, some times not even recognizable?

I used the compare function and difference tool in TunerPro and found 266 differences between ASDX and ASDU. Most are just changes to already defined parameters like a degree change in a spark table. The ones marked "Item Not defined" are either error code test qualifiers or manual transmission shift lights, which are in the ASDX hack, but in that hack it says those address are shared between Auto and manual. So I don't think it will be that bad?

That was cool seeing the HiWay Lean Cruise and ESC test in the new hack!

I think the ESC done patch RBob made was the best thing that ever happened to this mask. Forcing a knock test by adding 11 degrees timing first test and 22 second test during PE WOT is just a horrible idea! Might not be to bad on a stock engine and chip, as the PE is uausally delayed or even turned off at low RPM, but man it makes built engines rattle!

-= =-

I am slogging thru ASDU, on the 4th page finally, will get it done soon. The calibration changes are going quickly, but having to correct every comment is taking time.

I'm excited! All the work I have put into the XDF and ADX and all the conversions and hybrid tunes I've done, found a lot of things that did not seem right as I learned. When you are done I'm going to go through the XDF for a final version.

-= =-

okay, I got ASDU done, here is zip file with ASM code + build batch file and asm11 and exbin. If you have ASDU with the hiway lean patch, I will finish that next.
    Last edited by jim_in_dorris; 01-02-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Cool Jim! Thanks for your work!

I have a couple questions about comments. One is Sync and Async fueling but I've figured it out in XDF values where it works. But will have to put it together so you can see it and comment about how code works and the way it is commented.

The other is Hiway SA, just does not seem right to only have incresed SA at these vaules? These are all Decel values? I'm guessing the missing one is 0? Realistically these values should be to 100 MAP. Is there a muliplier missing? If these were doubled it would make sense.

Code:
          ;---------------------------------------------     
         ; HIWAY SPK ADV vs VACUUM        
         ;        
         ; ADDED SPK IF IN HIWAY MODE        
         ; (See D024 & D025 FOR QUAL'S)        
         ;  
         ; VAL = SPK ADV * (256/90)        
         ;--------------------------------------------- 
         ORG $0157 ; Spk    Vac Kpa
                        ;---------------------------------
    LD157   FCB  0      ; 0      50
    LD158   FCB  0      ; 0      40
    LD159   FCB  0      ; 0      30
    LD15A   FCB  0      ; 0      20
    LD15B   FCB  0      ; 0      10
    LD15C   FCB  0      ; 0

-= =-

Super Moderator
    it looks odd because it's comprared against vacuum, not MAP.

50kPa vacuum is more or less 50kPa MAP.
    40 = 60
    30 = 70
    20 = 80
    10 = 90
    0 = 100

why it's referenced against vacuum, i have no idea.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

What? (why don't we have a MAD smiley?)

I just thought the reference to Vacuum was also a mistake... where would they come up with this? Sometimes I hate GM!

Seriously?

You have any idea how long I have about this? I've never even heard of that measure?

(insert valium smiley here...)

OK, I'm calming down... so I can change the XDF to read MAP? That makes much more sense for Hiway SA!
    50 = 50
    40 = 60
    30 = 70
    20 = 80
    10 = 90
    0 = 100

Ha! My spark has been the exact opisite of what it should have been! Luckily I had only played with total to 3 degrees...

-= =-

Super Moderator
    a lot of stuff is actually referenced against vacuum.... but when the hacks were being done, get mislabeled.

i've actually gone through and changed some of the algorithm before to use MAP instead of vacuum... probably something completely unnnoticable, but it can free up some RAM if you completely remove everything's dependancy of it and use MAP instead.

All I did when I edited the comments was make sure the conversions in the comments were correct, I haven't spent time looking at how the code was using it. Robert, that sounds interesting, especially the freeing up of ram. Do you know where I might find an ADTT bin?

Super Moderator
    if it's not on this site, it's pretty much guaranteed not to be on any other public fileserver.