Thread: $42 hack and hiway lean cruise patch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's 7 byte change with ESC done and 48 for just the lean cruise, 55 byte total for both. They are 2 seperate patches.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Mark, just to make sure I have this correct, the $42 bin is 4K with an starting offset of $D000 when you burn a chip correct. This HACK is really messed up, I tried to assemble it and got thousands of errors. OH well, if it was easy, somebody would already have it out there. This is why everyone just patches the binary.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Your asking the wrong guy! But I'd have to say no, 000000 is where I start and it shows in TunerPro Hex. Also have used those hacks for many things and it's always correct. End of address is correct in both but beginings are differant? This is where guys like you and Robert come into play!

-= =-

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    It's 7 byte change with ESC done and 48 for just the lean cruise, 55 byte total for both. They are 2 seperate patches.
    still basically nothing on the grand scale of things. with a ask that didn't already have it intentionally written it, it will be slightly larger, but still not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    Mark, just to make sure I have this correct, the $42 bin is 4K with an starting offset of $D000 when you burn a chip correct. This HACK is really messed up, I tried to assemble it and got thousands of errors. OH well, if it was easy, somebody would already have it out there. This is why everyone just patches the binary.
    i have actually never used an assembler..... i disassemble a LOT of stuff, but no assembler, i do everything in hex/assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Your asking the wrong guy! But I'd have to say no, 000000 is where I start and it shows in TunerPro Hex. Also have used those hacks for many things and it's always correct. End of address is correct in both but beginings are differant? This is where guys like you and Robert come into play!
    somebody post a target BIN(preferably one that already has a hack done of it) and the way they want it to work and an XDF to include the patch into and i'll see what i can pound out. working with a P4/P6 is so much easier than a C3.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

All the C3 $42 stuff we are talking about is just for referal and lean cruise is done. He's working on implementing it to P4 $0D.

Here's a zip of the files you asked for.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

What I am trying to do here first is to get a source code file that will assemble to the bin correctly. That is to say, when I assemble the ASDX.asm file, and get an ASDX.bin file I can compare it to a known ASDX.bin for accuracy. What I am finding is that the addressing is all over the place. This Hack actually is something like a 12K bin file, I know that can't be right.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Super Moderator
    Jim, that's one of the reasons i've never messed with an assembler.... i can never get them to work the way i want them to, so i just pound it all out in hex in the tunerpro editor, save a test BIN, then disassemble the test BIN to make sure everything matches the assembly i wrote out for it.

takes longer, but it has never failed me.

Mark: how do you(or anybody else) want it to function?

min/max coolant temp?
    min/max MAP?
    min/max TPS?
    min/max MPH?

pretty much any combination of stuff you could think of, it can be used to qualify/disqualify if it should be used. i assume that when the highway fuel mode activates, you'll want a highway spark table will be activated as well to account for the lower flame speed caused by leaner AFRs?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Jim, question on last hex on chip.
    0FFF $96
    LEND FCB $96 ; Second half of this instruction is on next chip

What happens when this is $00 ?

I've found this a few times on earlier BB bins IIRC, but did not expect it when comparing ASDU to ASDZ..

-= =-