Did a lot of reading today and going through hacks and bins... I just don't understand why any cal would be Async always from factory? It's not just V6 $42 either, there are some 7.4l and even $0D, $0E, $E6...

Some of the old DIY-EFI posts quote Async as firing every 12.5 Msec and has nothing to do with DRP, this would explain the accumulater/timer and saving some then dumping what's left if not used. Just sounds like a bad way to do things...

I'm now wondering if a couple rigs I tuned awhile back was a poor choice of starter bin/cal and not noticing this? Never had an issue with 5.7L stuff as I alwas start with ASDU, since then I have used it for everything. One's I had issues with were 7.4L and 4.3L, went back and looked and sure enough they were Async!!! I hate Async!!!

Because of all the research today $42 ended up with a few more paremeters, most importantly 2 BPW times, with these you can now spot an Async always bin... also filled in at least 100 descriptions in paremeters. All my notes from papers written, posts found and all my personal finds, it's like an EFI tuning dictionary now!