Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monodax

Administrator
    TC OBDII handles read / write the same way as the LT1 using a separate program to handle data transfer. I think that's a reasonable approach when using the TP "user supported" model. Imagine the complaints if a malformed definition file got out there and a bunch of pcm's got bricked. Who's at fault? Who pays? Ultimately TP could become known as "Junk" because of a user error. No, it's better for newbies and hacks not to be mucking about in the flash program.

I've written some C and C++ code but most of what I know is not Windows programming. So writing a "plugin" is something I'll have to research. As far as coding in C, don't be intimidated. In most cases it's far easier than hand coding in assembly. Like any language, it's all about knowing the rules and how to manipulate within them to do what you want. C and C++ tend to be very open ended IMO and very, very flexible. Visual Basic, OTOH, not so much fun. :(

Mark, I'll look at those files and I'll probably see what JP is up to as well. I love doing this stuff... I just don't ever have time any more.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianko View Post
    His stuff is TunerCat-based now.
    What stuff? His scan stuff is Proscan and can be used with TC2 cables.
    Wester's GMT tuning software is TC2-like, but contains security encoding.

peace
    Hog

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by S10LS View Post
    Hi, maybe someone could send a link to this thread to pacifip forums. The people who are in the know will probably see it there, and may help. There was tons of bin files there for GM obd2 for many different cars and trucks. If you had a special request for a bin someone usually had it and posted it up. Much better than tune file depot. I am an efilive user but enjoyed that forum greatly. Would be great if we can get that forum in its entirerty here.
    Hi there, my handle is Hog. I am a Moderator at Monodax, and a longtime member on the Pacific Performance site. I received files from the gentleman who did the 1st 411 swap froma time before TC2 was on the market. This gentleman referred to the 411 PCM as the 8.1 PCM.

The 2001-2002 Express vans used 411 PCM's and older GEN 1E Vortec 350's and were a gift to the tuning and hotrod world. The 411 PCM in all other apps use a 24x crank and 1x cam position sensor. But the Vortec 350's run a 4x crank and 1x cam position sensor so GM wrote a special calibration to allow the 411 to control the vortec 350. So now any distributer based SBC can be controlled by a 411 PCM by simply running a plastic Vortec front timing cover, 4x reluctor and a Vortec distributer. This has allowed the GEN 3 Camaro/Firbird and TPI Vette guys and GMT 400(88-98) truck owners to be able to convert to the 411.

Another gift from GM was the 1998-2001 rpo L21 Vortec 454 used in teh motorhomes and medium duty trucks as a replacement for the old school truck 366/427 engines of the 1970's-1997. GM uses a 24x reluctor that fit under the front timing cover and provided a 24x reluctor signal, and used a standard Vortec 305/350/454 96-02 distributer with a flat top cap instead of the 9 coil and ignition wire top. The sole purpose of this distributer was to provide the 1x cam position sensor. The 24x reluctor that fit over the BBC front crank snout was copied by EFIConnection except they modified teh design to fit on a SBC crank snout. By using their 24x reluctor, a styandard L21 454 crank position sensor, Vortec front timing cover all allows the dual 80 pin connector 512kb PCM's to be used along with 98-02 (Camaro/Firebird) calibrations for cable throttle or 07+ LS1 calibrations for ETC to be used.
    The L21 Vortec 454 from medium duty trucks was the 1st truck application that used CNP(coil near plug) ignition AND ETC(electronic throttle control) on a BBC application. The L21 thinks its an over grown Vette LS1. To tune these vehicles you need VDF 19 as the L21 Vortec uses the 16232148 and 16238212 512kb PCM's. These calibrations allow for adjustable idle speed control which is adjusted via thecruise control stalk.

was also involved in the Marine Intake project from 2006 where we were removing the stock poppets and intake and installing the iron lower/aluminum upper plenum Mercruiser Marine intake manifolds. By swapping the intakes, you can now use conventional rail type fuel injectors of any size and can fuel engine north of 400 crank hp, which is roughly the stock fueling limit of the1996-1999 GMT 400 Vortec 305/350 limits. That blackbox PCM also has a hard limit of about 5900rpms. No matter how or what you tune, those PCM's wont rev a V8 over about 5900rpm. By swapping to the 411 you can realize 8000+rpms.

I am not enjoying the way that if I backspace and then enter in new text when typing a message, the text I have writtenm underneath of it begins to disappear with every keystroke. It makes it impossible to edit a message. Oh well, but I apologize for typo's.

peace
    Hog

Hi Hog! Welcome, glad you made it and thanks for the usful info.

Some people have reported issues with reply lately, was a Windows 8 but some other 7 without Java updates. This fixed it:

Here's one thing you can do in your settings:

Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    • Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
    When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Hog

You have any idea when the Monodax forum will be back up? Theres a lot of information there that I would hate to lose.

Mike

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergs View Post
    Hog

You have any idea when the Monodax forum will be back up? Theres a lot of information there that I would hate to lose.

Mike
    Havent heard anything recently. As soon as I do, I will let you know.

peace
    Hog

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks Hog

I have a couple of supercharged applications coming up and will need some custom help on them.

Mike

Fuel Injected!
    Same here,finishing up a 3800 build and wouldn't mind a place to bounce idears.

If it's dead? Then start here.

We never wanted to compete with Monodax, only to save it or have a place if it's gone.

-= =-

James is not returning emails either. I emailed Craig Moates today here is what I got back.

Monodax is RIP as far as we know. The gentleman who previously took care of it doesn't have time to maintain it anymore and no one can reach him.

I contacted Moates as well to see if they had contact and got no reply... which is very strange for me not to get a reply.

We have tried all emails, local people looking for phone numbers and address and all have been dead ends. The whole point was since he is no longer involved because of MX scan, he has done us all a favor to keep it going. But if he wanted to bail out we would have hosted/imported the entire database for future reference and he would no longer have the responsibility of website and forum maintenance.

The offer will always stand if we can contact him and database is still intact. I hope in the end we don't find out something happened to him?

If something happened to me, like death? We have other administrators to run forum, another member to run sever, hosting is autopay through PayPal and Skimlinks has been paying for it so the interim would not be affected forever. My son also has instructions to leave it alone, who to contact and pass ownership too and it would be handled as a team effort as it is now.

-= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Another Monodax transplant here. Very disappointed to see the site "shut down". Was hoping to comb through the past posts and uploaded files to help apply towards my next/future project.

I hope we can still try and make contact with the owner to possibly resurrect the forums data for all us TunerCat OBDII guys.

I do have a small collection of .cal files that I have downloaded over the passed few years and will upload them here to this site.

We are all trying. Even had local guys try to find him, cell phone trace, home number, business number... all dead ends. I really hope he is OK first off. But losing the forum database is a big loss.

The offer always stands if we can get contact and permission for data base, it would be hosted in it's entirety here under a separate forum.

-= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Definitely hope he is OK. Someone has to be behind it to an extent. Before the current web site message, it was completely dead. Came back with a message stating that the site owner had not kept up with payments or something like that.

I will try some email contacts as well to if anything pops up.

This is sad I really hope the data isn't lost and the person is OK. I have a 411 slated for a late model hemi that's going into my 69 charger and I would love to get these bins.
    1990 GMC C1500, 5spd, 1993 LT1 (ECM 16159278 $DA3)