Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monodax

Fuel Injected!
    This is a bummer...I downloaded every 411 binary I could find on the forum and I can't find the usb stick I saved them to.

Well if you find them we have a place for them.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Well the website is back, but the forum is still down for maintenance 12-12 and back 12-13 ...

-= =-

If the forums come back we need to make a concerted effort to save the binaries this time...

BTW, that reminds me: If you have time, can you generate a filelisting of your bin archives? I don't know what OS you run under, but if it's some flavor of Linux I can tell you how to do that. I'd like to compare it to the list hosted on the diy-efi ftp site and make sure both of us have the same binaries. I have a bunch personally that I need to send your way as well as put in the diy-efi site...

We have the entire DIY-EFI bin library, the entire Moates bin library and all the others we have all collected. Then only a small portion are picked from them all in the info threads.

The server here is Unix.

Whatever can be done to keep/save/add to collection I'm all for including OBDII! Someday it may be illegal to have these online, some recent attempts at Internet regulation would have achieved that. When it happens everyone will get a zipped DVD of them all for personal use!

-= =-

Super Moderator
    the Moates fileserver used to(might still?) have a BUNCH of OBD2 stuff..... but i have no idea what any of them were intended for. there's no neat tools to decode the "OSID" into something usable like the Tunercat tool does for OBD1 BCCs.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

We have all the Moates OBDII files but have not worked on titles for them yet, they are just numbers. Also have at least 100 more. Some .cal, .tun and .bin

-= =-

Administrator
    I've posted a link to the Delco TechConnect site that allows you to look up cals by VIN. This site also allows a person with an off board programming adapter to check and update a vehicle's calibration to the latest available. The tools are available to the public in some fashion.

Since an OBDII calibration is a "package" of several cals, (trans, engine, OS, etc) if we start hosting OBDII cals it would be best to have a way to (1) identify a particluar cal with a specific engine/trans/etc, (2) determine which is the latest of each cal for a given pcm, and (3) bundle those cals together to make a complete calibration for a vehicle. This would reduce a bunch of redundancy I see happening today. Of course I'm so far out of the loop when it comes to what's happening on other forums and with other software that this might already be addressed.

Fuel Injected!
    Hi, maybe someone could send a link to this thread to pacifip forums. The people who are in the know will probably see it there, and may help. There was tons of bin files there for GM obd2 for many different cars and trucks. If you had a special request for a bin someone usually had it and posted it up. Much better than tune file depot. I am an efilive user but enjoyed that forum greatly. Would be great if we can get that forum in its entirerty here.

I've never participated much there so maybe someone who has can post a link?

Here's is the TIS Cal lookup:
    http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

-= =-

Administrator
    I renewed an old thread on PP about my 302. Maybe it's time to update it.

I found a copy of MXScan on moates.net but it won't connect to my old TC cable. Well, it will in the test area but nowhere else. Disappointing. I switched to the freeware UVScan and after changing comm speed and setting the COM port in the INI file it worked just fine. Maybe I'll try TP / Scanner Pro as well. With John Prevost working on it also, two heads might make a fair amount of progress together.

Now as far as OBDII tuning / programming with TP, what's the deal? Is it mainly the read / program part that's an issue? I know there can be multiple checksums in an OBDII cal but is TP able to work with that?

Super Moderator
    why TP can't support it natively? yeah, i'd say the read/write process would be it, since it can be different for each OS. and there are a LOT out there to support. it probably wouldn't be too bad to get a single program to work for nearly all applications, but not a lot of people want to tempt fate and erase the OS section.... they avoid doing anything but writing to the calibration section, since if the flash goes bad, they won't have a bricked unit.

as for the checksums, if you can write C++, you can make a checksum plugin to deal with it, otherwise the stock checksum module won't handle most of it. the 97-~03ish 3100/3400/3800 V6 stuff? only has a single 32-bit checksum, but it's located in an area where the processor adds up every byte before it and every byte after it, then compared it to the stored checksum. TP doesn't natively support what is essentially skipping over an address. that's actually the same reason i haven't attempted to pound out a full 93-95 northstar XDF, it does the same thing. i tried to make a plug-in, but looking at C++ makes me feel like a child doing brain surgery.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Writing file through OBDII is the issue, need a converter box like AVT 852 which are available for sale.

I tested an ADX file made for AVT cable today that dimented247 is writing and he said it would not work on his truck but it worked fine on mine.

Look at sticky in TunerPro OBDII section for link to dimentred247 XDF files for TunerPro. They work great with a RoadRunner...

There are already several LS1 ADX files done either Elm or AVT...

-= =-

I have an AVT852 as part of a tuning package I have...there are drivers available? Some links would be great...

Not drivers but ADX files for Data Logging to TunerPro RT.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...TunerCat-OBDII

-= =-