TC OBDII handles read / write the same way as the LT1 using a separate program to handle data transfer. I think that's a reasonable approach when using the TP "user supported" model. Imagine the complaints if a malformed definition file got out there and a bunch of pcm's got bricked. Who's at fault? Who pays? Ultimately TP could become known as "Junk" because of a user error. No, it's better for newbies and hacks not to be mucking about in the flash program.

I've written some C and C++ code but most of what I know is not Windows programming. So writing a "plugin" is something I'll have to research. As far as coding in C, don't be intimidated. In most cases it's far easier than hand coding in assembly. Like any language, it's all about knowing the rules and how to manipulate within them to do what you want. C and C++ tend to be very open ended IMO and very, very flexible. Visual Basic, OTOH, not so much fun. :(

Mark, I'll look at those files and I'll probably see what JP is up to as well. I love doing this stuff... I just don't ever have time any more.