Thread: Monodax

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Monodax

The Monodax website was down for forum update about a week ago and never came up, now the website is suspended?
    http://www.monodax.com/

Monodax was the data logging software for TunerCat OBDII but stop updates because of new CAN issue I beleive? But the forum was full of good cal files and information.

If anyone knows who is in charge there have them contact me if they would like to save the data base? We have room here.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

TunerCat sold their OBD2 operations to Jet some years ago. They will still offering support for current customers, but not selling new software. I'll see if I can track them down...

Administrator
    Monodax is not Tunercat. It's software that uses the TC cable to provide scan data for some GM vehicles.

I realize that. But there are active TC forums on the Monodax site.

It was the only place I know of that had any TunerCat OBDII conversation... but still gone...

I wish I would have saved more. There is room here for the database in it's entirety as a new forum!

-= =-

Lyndon Wester might know; I've asked him to check into it. He's the only person outside JET that is still selling the OBD2 TC software and providing updates.

Fuel Injected!
    Hi, maybe someone could send a link to this thread to pacifip forums. The people who are in the know will probably see it there, and may help. There was tons of bin files there for GM obd2 for many different cars and trucks. If you had a special request for a bin someone usually had it and posted it up. Much better than tune file depot. I am an efilive user but enjoyed that forum greatly. Would be great if we can get that forum in its entirerty here.

I've never participated much there so maybe someone who has can post a link?

Here's is the TIS Cal lookup:
    http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by S10LS View Post
    Hi, maybe someone could send a link to this thread to pacifip forums. The people who are in the know will probably see it there, and may help. There was tons of bin files there for GM obd2 for many different cars and trucks. If you had a special request for a bin someone usually had it and posted it up. Much better than tune file depot. I am an efilive user but enjoyed that forum greatly. Would be great if we can get that forum in its entirerty here.
    Hi there, my handle is Hog. I am a Moderator at Monodax, and a longtime member on the Pacific Performance site. I received files from the gentleman who did the 1st 411 swap froma time before TC2 was on the market. This gentleman referred to the 411 PCM as the 8.1 PCM.

The 2001-2002 Express vans used 411 PCM's and older GEN 1E Vortec 350's and were a gift to the tuning and hotrod world. The 411 PCM in all other apps use a 24x crank and 1x cam position sensor. But the Vortec 350's run a 4x crank and 1x cam position sensor so GM wrote a special calibration to allow the 411 to control the vortec 350. So now any distributer based SBC can be controlled by a 411 PCM by simply running a plastic Vortec front timing cover, 4x reluctor and a Vortec distributer. This has allowed the GEN 3 Camaro/Firbird and TPI Vette guys and GMT 400(88-98) truck owners to be able to convert to the 411.

Another gift from GM was the 1998-2001 rpo L21 Vortec 454 used in teh motorhomes and medium duty trucks as a replacement for the old school truck 366/427 engines of the 1970's-1997. GM uses a 24x reluctor that fit under the front timing cover and provided a 24x reluctor signal, and used a standard Vortec 305/350/454 96-02 distributer with a flat top cap instead of the 9 coil and ignition wire top. The sole purpose of this distributer was to provide the 1x cam position sensor. The 24x reluctor that fit over the BBC front crank snout was copied by EFIConnection except they modified teh design to fit on a SBC crank snout. By using their 24x reluctor, a styandard L21 454 crank position sensor, Vortec front timing cover all allows the dual 80 pin connector 512kb PCM's to be used along with 98-02 (Camaro/Firebird) calibrations for cable throttle or 07+ LS1 calibrations for ETC to be used.
    The L21 Vortec 454 from medium duty trucks was the 1st truck application that used CNP(coil near plug) ignition AND ETC(electronic throttle control) on a BBC application. The L21 thinks its an over grown Vette LS1. To tune these vehicles you need VDF 19 as the L21 Vortec uses the 16232148 and 16238212 512kb PCM's. These calibrations allow for adjustable idle speed control which is adjusted via thecruise control stalk.

was also involved in the Marine Intake project from 2006 where we were removing the stock poppets and intake and installing the iron lower/aluminum upper plenum Mercruiser Marine intake manifolds. By swapping the intakes, you can now use conventional rail type fuel injectors of any size and can fuel engine north of 400 crank hp, which is roughly the stock fueling limit of the1996-1999 GMT 400 Vortec 305/350 limits. That blackbox PCM also has a hard limit of about 5900rpms. No matter how or what you tune, those PCM's wont rev a V8 over about 5900rpm. By swapping to the 411 you can realize 8000+rpms.

I am not enjoying the way that if I backspace and then enter in new text when typing a message, the text I have writtenm underneath of it begins to disappear with every keystroke. It makes it impossible to edit a message. Oh well, but I apologize for typo's.

peace
    Hog