Lot's of modified engines and swaps going around and tuning issues I thought we could put together what would you do to bin file before you even started the motor?

Motor:
Built 357 ci..500 lift on int. and .ex 218 and 228 dur. at .050 112 ls 4 deg. built in adv. stock heads? ,flattop pist.roller cam and roller rockers ,ground down tbi body.adj fpr,cop car injectors running 14 lbs fuel press.

Trans:
Maybe we cover all?

ECM:
1227747 $42-1227747-V5.xdf and $42-1227747-V5.adx

Vehicle:
Maybe we cover all?

This started in another thread but thought it would be a better separate topic. I'm sure there will be a lot and in the end will can have them in order.

Quote Originally Posted by dyeager535 View Post
How about finding the closest bin to your application...454, 350, 305, 4.3, whatever, along with the the right trans? Non-PCM automatic, PCM automatic, or manual?
Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
What's the estimated HP? Have you calculated the fuel pressure needed to support this with your injectors? Calculated BPW? Have injectors serviced!
Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post
That cam is not too much bigger than mine. To get the idle inline, I would lock it in Open Loop and tweak the 6 or 9 VE and spark cells right around where it idles until you get it right. That is what I did, a Wideband is very helpful with that, but a Narrowband should work OK, just shoot for a steady-ish 0.450 V from the O2.
Where is the O2 sensor now compared to when it was stock? How far a difference? Convert it to percent and adjust "Integrator Delay Vs. Airflow"
Proportional Gains vs O2 Error - "PRP - Gain vs. O2 Error" and the multiplier " PRP - Gain vs. Air Flow" need to be reduced 25% to 50% depending on cam and the bin, some bins are 4 times as much as others.
Quote Originally Posted by brianko View Post
Add 2-5 degrees of idle timing, cams love timing at idle and will often smooth out a "hunting" idle. Increase idle speeds by 100-150RPM depending upon how aggressive cam is. More airflow as well, again depends upon how aggressive the cam is. Don't even both trying to tune for partial throttle/WOT without getting the idle squared away first.
Quote Originally Posted by dyeager535 View Post
What about turning off EGR? Or other items not on motor?