Thread: AUJP $8D IAC Questions

AUJP $8D IAC Questions

After much searching, having difficulty understanding the purpose of, or how, the IAC items below are used and would like to know. Have looked at the hack (but just not good tracing Assy code) and can’t figure them out:
    - IAC Throttle Follower Max Steps in Drive (Stock = 40 Steps)
    - IAC Throttle Follower Slope Gain (Stock = 150%)
    These items appear to be only used once in an area of the code labeled “PREVENT NOISE MODIFYING A/C ADJUSTMENT”. Are they only applicable when the A/C is on?
    Many say reducing the Slope Gain will cause faster IAC action; but again, is that only when the A/C is on?

And then this??? - no clue:
    - IAC Command Engine Speed Open Loop Offset (Stock = 1000 RPM)

Thanks for any insight!

Nobody knows, nobody cares, or it's top secret? Just kidding!

Anyone???

I think you had it right with nobody knows!

But my take on it is... it has nothing to do with A/C. Looking at commented dissassemblies has left me to beleive nothing is in order except the parts I don't understand? They are written by people with higher understanding of code and it does not apply to automotive tuning as we GearHeads understand it. It has taken me years to figure out what half of it means so I can apply it! The paremeters in the mask/XDF are named from dissassembly and a lot of times don't mean what they do... like Knock - Burst MAP Enable? Unless you've figured out what Burst Knock is your screwed! Burst MAP to me would be when the MAP blew up so something was enabled!

- IAC Throttle Follower Max Steps in Drive (Stock = 40 Steps) = IAC opens as TPS% increases to let more air in and slow deceleration when TPS is snapped shut.
    - IAC Throttle Follower Slope Gain (Stock = 150%) Slows IAC direction, but again reading an increase of 150% you would think it's speeding it up?
    - IAC Command Engine Speed Open Loop Offset (Stock = 1000 RPM) Open Loop Idle?
    “PREVENT NOISE MODIFYING A/C ADJUSTMENT”. Have no idea?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I think you had it right with nobody knows!

But my take on it is... it has nothing to do with A/C. Looking at commented dissassemblies has left me to beleive nothing is in order except the parts I don't understand? They are written by people with higher understanding of code and it does not apply to automotive tuning as we GearHeads understand it. It has taken me years to figure out what half of it means so I can apply it! The paremeters in the mask/XDF are named from dissassembly and a lot of times don't mean what they do... like Knock - Burst MAP Enable? Unless you've figured out what Burst Knock is your screwed! Burst MAP to me would be when the MAP blew up so something was enabled!

- IAC Throttle Follower Max Steps in Drive (Stock = 40 Steps) = IAC opens as TPS% increases to let more air in and slow deceleration when TPS is snapped shut.
    - IAC Throttle Follower Slope Gain (Stock = 150%) Slows IAC direction, but again reading an increase of 150% you would think it's speeding it up?
    - IAC Command Engine Speed Open Loop Offset (Stock = 1000 RPM) Open Loop Idle?
    “PREVENT NOISE MODIFYING A/C ADJUSTMENT”. Have no idea?
    Thanks Eagle -- Agree with you that some of the XDF text is misleading at best and I've changed mine over time as things have been figured out. Think I'll post this on ThirdGen and see if anyone there has any ideas.