Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TunerPro XDF for 0411 LS1 PCM Project!

TunerPro XDF for 0411 LS1 PCM Project!

These are really incredible XDF files for TunerPro by dimented24x7!

There are some ADX files around as well. Most from by Jayme from delcohacking.net He has been working on this more so I'm going to link to his thread on DelcoHacking.net so everyone can grab the latest version. He's done a great job and had no idea it would be used this much so sign in over there and give him a thanks for his work!
    http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2314

The only issue yet and a flash cable... but not if you have a RoadRunner from Moates. If not you'll need a cable for OBDII:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-AVT-852-cable!

And there are two flash programs soon to be released.
    Attached Files Attached Files

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Here's a bin file for TunerPro RT to use with the XDF files.

-= =-

Now all we need is the ability for tunerpro to flash these pcm's and the 411 will instantly become affordable for the comon man.
    I still cant believe a roughly 11 year old pcm is still stupid expensive to tune.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

My RoadRunner works fine! Little expensive but it is all you need and is live emulator.
    http://www.moates.net/roadrunner-ls1...ation-pcm.html

And there are flash programs soon to be released.

-= =-

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Now all we need is the ability for tunerpro to flash these pcm's and the 411 will instantly become affordable for the comon man.
    I still cant believe a roughly 11 year old pcm is still stupid expensive to tune.
    tunerpro won't do it natively.... at least i doubt it. but some of the delcohacking guys have been working on a cheap flashing/datalogging interface for a while now. i expect it to be a reality probably within a year at the rate they're going.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    TunerPro can flash the RoadRunner, and it's also an Emulator for $599. I can't see anything getting cheaper then that? To Emulate an LS engine? . Plug it in and 600 paremeters to start with. Roadrunner has been running Camaros at the drag strip for years.

Or add $525. for RoadRunner/TunerCat OBDII, then you would have a cable to flash. Simple software, need spreadsheets and a scanner, Still no data but TunerPro could do it or ScanXL is pretty sweet.

Or add $899. for EFI Live for complete system and still need $250 for a RoadRunner license. With this you get AutoTune, MAF Auto Tune and anything else you can dream up . Very indepth and complex.

Even when OBDII cables are ready and cheap the software is hard! Then differant software for each PCM. It's a daunting task. And if you get it wrong your PCM becomes a brick? Not as simple as buying a burner for the chip. It's about $300 to start chips without emulation, so $599. and $39 for TunerPro to run, tune and emulate an LS engine is pretty good. Can always have a permanant PCM flashed when done and do another.

Face it! We are surrounded by LS engines and 0411 PCM and will be for a long time!

We need to come up with some donations for dimented24x7 and he will keep improving and maybe release an ADX although I swear there is already one? This guys expertise has been a big help for what we do with OBDI stuff too, he's been around a long time! Could also be the source of affordable cable and reflash software!

So donate!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I just opened up the XDF in tunerpro and wow... holy crap! that had to be a ridiculous amount of work! I hope he enjoys the beer money!

Electronic Ignition!

12200411 Bins

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Here's a bin file for TunerPro RT to use with the XDF files.
    Hello Mark:

I'm embarking on a tpi upgrade to 12200411 pcm. I have the harness, sensors, etc. Now I need to setup the PCM. Where can I get a set of XDFs/Bin/ADX/OS all together? How can I know if an XDF is for a particular OS of the 12200411 pcm?

I was thinking of using a truck OS from 2002 so it would be setup for regular gas. I was thinking the corvette OS would be setup for premium.

Thanks,

tpichevelle

Right now without a RoadRunner you'd need TunerCat OBDII which you can buy with purchase of a RoadRunner. Or other software like EFI Live, or HPTuners.

The alternative is what we are all working on and all we have ready at the moment is the files in the first post of this thread and that still requires an AVT-852 cable.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-AVT-852-cable!
    And the flash program to be completed? I was informed a few days ago there may be another Flash program available as well? We will see, so far there's three working on this flash tool software but still it's for the AVT-852 cable which handles all protocols and can be expanded for more PCM flash routines.

I removed the .bin from second post when someone pointed out it was the wrong OS and haven't found one for starters yet. It is OS 12202088... as you probably know the XDF will have to match the OS, not just the PCM number. I've got at least 100 hours into a 2002 OS 12212156 and need to find about a week to finish and test the XDF, this will be the OS everyone swaps too and also covers the 0411 Vortec engine conversion...

Whatever route you go it's still expensive compared to what we do with OBDI.

-= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Mark, thanks for the quick reply. Glad to see the enthusiasm.

So If we made the 411 flash chip socketable and read/write the OS and bin w an eprom burner, what are sources for a robust XDF/OS/ADX combo? Then, as the flashing capability becomes robust, it becomes more convenient to optimize.

Is there is anything I can do to help with either the files, flashing, or documentation for others? My TPI maf system works great because people made tunerpro and provided the files to compliment it. I was able to adapt it to my 72 Chevelle gen I 350.

Take care

Electronic Ignition!
    Hey Mark,

I'm using the 2500S xdf file you posted here to tune a 0411 PCM with an LT1 an EFI connection conversion harness and reluctor. Everything has worked great except I can't seem to find where the tach resolution settings are stored. Is that exposed in your xdf? If not, is there any way I can help search for the high and low res tach settings? I'm sure this will help others who want to put the 0411 in an alternate vehicle since the tach output would need to be changed.

Thanks.

I'm not sure? First thing we have to clear up here is I'm not responsible for the work on these .XDF files! Read the first line of the first post!

These are really incredible XDF files for TunerPro by dimented24x7!
    As to your question I'm not sure how to get that done?

-= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Hey Mark,

My bad. The xdf is password protected, so I'll try to get in touch with demented24x7.

Thanks!

Super Moderator
    the password protected versions are the early ones, IIRC. he later released non-locked versions.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!
    Hey Robert,

Thanks. Do you happen to know where the later ones are located?

Thanks,