Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: hiway lean cruise

I'm telling you both AKSK and AKSF are both superceeded, why use them? GM thought there was an issue and replaced them... I don't know why? You can find another bin, what is your truck model S10 C10? 4.3L? Manual? I can find one for you. Would rather you have good results!

The one I looked at yesterday was for a Large Cap Distributor, it has differant paremeters then your Small Cap Distributor!

Heated O2 is good but don't need it.... well where is your O2 sensor? Stock location? A closed loop idle bin is a way better choice, runs better and more MPG, better warm up etc...

Tempreture drops like that will change fueling a lot! But it's within the boundries of what the ECM can adjust so no reason to dial in again. Always good to do data and double check though.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    it is a 91 c1500 4.3, 5 speed overdrive, 373 rearend, o2 in the stock postion in the y pipe.

Here's the closest one we have available AWDN, it is for a 4 speed. AWDM is for a 5 speed but we don't have one? Looking through a lot of 4.3L bins the only difference is slight fueling and your dialing that in anyway. Spark are all the same.

I did the Hiway and ESC patch for you.

EDIT: Post up a data log when you get that in will you? I want to see if it still runs Async fueling.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    thanks eagle mark,i down loaded the file will program a chip an run it a day or so then post a data log, thanks agian for your time.

Fuel Injected!
    hi, eagle mark that awdn bin runs alot smoother than the aksf bin, i am going to wait till the temp out side gets back to the 70 s then check it out some more , i think i will have to change ve 1 alittle but i want to wait, it runs good thanks agian might have a good data log saturday.

Have you done any data? I'm really curiuos if it is still Async fueling or that was something they fixed on the chip? Don't worry about temps, the entire BLM will shift, not just one area to adjust. If so leave it alone... unless it did change Async to Sync then I'd bet it's way off.

Another thread shows a V6 in differant PCM to be Sync fueling which I have found much better. So I'm not sure why these 7747 were Async. Come on I'm dieing to know! Get data!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    here is a couple short runs, the first on i added the spark hac, the second one i added the bpw hac.

Looks to be running good, how is it? Still is Async fueling.

The spark advance seems to be correct from hack. In deceleration it is off from Spark Advance table by about 10 degrees which is correct as the warm spark bias of 9.84 degrees. When driving it is only off by 5? So I was looking around and found 5 added for EGR at about the right times for EGR to be active! There is no data stream for EGR when active so you can't tell when. So spark advance history table looks correct.

BPW and MPG history table are still off and with fueling Async it's expected. Asynce fire both injectors each DRP (approx) and Sync is one injector per DRP. From what you said MPG are and fueling is doubled, if you double MPG history table it's about right!

Saw the Lean Cruise working!

That one log was funny! It has a dead spot in the middle like the other one I looked at? Then I thought... I'll bet it's the same route to work and he's in the store getting coffee... sure enough it came back on!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    thats what them dead spots are, in the store, the lean cruise works good, some times going up a little hill it will go closed loop an when the map drops back under the max it goes open loop, and i am not moving the foot feed. i set the afr to 15.20 in hy way cruise on a chip i programed this morning. it makes the map run 3-5 kpa less in a slight pull. i will do some more longer data loging saturday going to huntsville about 35 miles one way, if my old lap top battery is up to being on that long.

Fuel Injected!
    eagle mark i forgot to tell you that the file works good,the first thing i noticed was the exausht dont smell like a bad carbed engine with the timming to fast, also i think its trying to program the ecm the way it wants . blm went from 137 this morning to 126- 129 this evening. the knock count went up in close loop to 97 in hiway cruise i only had a increase of 3 knocks, when it went closed loop agian no increase in the knock count,i am watching it closely. man i am glad its almost the week end worked on to minny dodges this week i am tiered.

That's good!

BLM of 137 is not bad, but as you run it BLM learn will dial it in, this is why it runs just as good in summer as winter. But the VE has to be close! It can only adjust so far and does not do miricles.

Knock counts on these old ECM is a counter or accumulater so it will always have a number. This means nothing! Even if the number changes a little still nothing! You have the ESC test turned off, but on stock it will do the test and number will SPIN numbers! That is what you have to look for with knock counts on these and take into consideration data is a snapshot every 1.2 seconds. Not live or 10 frames a second. For me to catch real knock I have to watch data frame by frame and see an increase from frame to frame to find it.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    egale mark here is a bin that i ended up with, it is about 55 degrezz here. when the out side temp goes up i know it will have more knocks but this data log is with 87 octane.i forgot to tell you the engine had been changed to a 95 4.3 vortec before i got it. had to run a die on a old knock senser to get it to screw into the head.the engine has 2 knock sensores ,1 on the back of the passinger side head, 1 on the driver side head. i am useing the passinger side of the engine for the knock sensor. on to what i have found, runs like a 4.4 v8 that i wish i had, 20.3 mpg mud road gravel road town hiway average. this is on a engine that really needs a rebulit put in. the man with the jeeps an a 4.3 this might be a good bin to start from ,with a 747 ecm. it has the lean cruise enabled. i thought as the temp out side went up, i would goto 89-92 octane.egr is still employed,but my cat got gutied 8 years ago, wish i had a good cat i think it would add 0.2-0.7 mpg because of the way i drive[02 sensor].i bet one of them 4.4s with this overdrive would get 2 more mpg. i seen one of them 4.4 over in nacadosos for $550, suppose to have 55000 on it [used auto parts.com], you was right i cannot get that 288 ecm to get the milage and the same preformance as 747, iam tryiny for for all 3, preformance,mpg, polution,wouldnt do for epa to give me a grant,i am to slow to understand how to use it any way if i didnt forget how to upload ,here is a file and data log, if it dont look right delete it, it is for 4.3 std 5 overdrive

You got to much spark in there ony! Watch your data log at 65 MAP 2000 RPM when your at highway spped in Lean Cruise. It has steady increase in knock counts. This is a sure fire example of how to find knock counts in this ECM.

Do you have the knock sensor and ESC from origanal engine in this one? The location on new engine is actually better but I've never tested accuracy. You could leave it alone and do same log with high test to check? Or pull some timing there. I don't see other areas of knock counts so I don't think it's false or engine noise.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i see what you was seeing, i drop the timming about 2-2.5 degrezz in that area of the map try it tommorow, the sensors are not what came with the truck, i think they are off of a 350.

Fuel Injected!
    i have about got the timming table where there is a slow or no knock count, i got to looking at the error codes the last 2 chips i have burned show [error 51 prom] the chips seam to run good, i havent look at the error codes before so i dont know if that has been there all this time, check engine light dont com on but it works, would this be where the chip is full of ff at the start before the 00f000 program?