Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: hiway lean cruise

Fuel Injected!

hiway lean cruise

hi i been try to enable the hiway747 lean cruise patch with no success, probly my computer skills. any way i was wondering if someone that has the patch working could apply it to my binfile? i posted it at the bottom of the page, the bin is real close to match the way i drive.

I just followed the instructions and it worked fine when I took the space out of your bin name. aksf 4a.bin changed to aksf.bin for simplicity.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i have tried every thing i know to get it to work, i thinki have my computers confused, i down loaded the modiefied file got my oldest lap top out screen is not very good, thanks eagle mark.

Fuel Injected!
    eagle mark that bin works good, i have got some pc problems my newer lap top wont show any parables in the bin i down loaded, my older lap top wont conect to tuner pro. my desk top is still running, i changed the miniumum tempeture and speed for it to enable. works good i will play with it this week going to work and back, thanks agian i messed with tring to do this for a long time i just dont have enough pc skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    eagle mark that bin works good, i have got some pc problems my newer lap top wont show any parables in the bin i down loaded, my older lap top wont conect to tuner pro. my desk top is still running, i changed the miniumum tempeture and speed for it to enable. works good i will play with it this week going to work and back, thanks agian i messed with tring to do this for a long time i just dont have enough pc skills.
    Did you go up on both those settings?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i droped it down a little on them about 5degrees on tempeture and set the speed to 45 mph. ihave been running at 55-60 since i change the rear end. got my newer lap top to see the parables in tuner pro, its the only one that i have to data log with. i got to quit for today going blind looking at these pc screens, thanks agian.

Quote Originally Posted by ony View Post
    got my newer lap top to see the parables in tuner pro...
    Parables are in the bible, Parameters are in TunerPro!

Laptops are handy but when your at the desk you need a 32 inch HD TV connected to HDMI port!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    parables guess i for got what i was reading, i got the patch program to work on my desk top, it kept saying cannot open aksf.bin, igot it to open the bin then it said cannot open hiway 747. i got to looking and the only thing that was different on those 2 files was a eprom symbol fron tuner pro, i removed tuner pro then my bin file didnt have the eprom embolem but come up as aksf.bin.bin.it programmed i drove it and it goes into hiway lean cruise. i thought about afr verses gasahol set the lean cruise rich 14.5 2500 rpms 38 degrezz timming on level ground no knocks on 87 octain and it worked pretty good not as good as the file i down loaded. i had tried to use tuner pro s19 patch is where the file picked up that eprom symbol, i guess my pc would try to open the symbol be for the file and it could not without files from tuner pro. that may be why tuner pro wont aply the patch that little symbol may make a line to long some where?

Fuel Injected!
    eagle mark the chip i programmed went into open loop at 50 mph but my data log still has the o2senser swinging rich lean intead of setting around 130 mv.iam gainning but not got it to fully program yet. the file i downloaded from you i got ve1 about where i wanted so i added ve2 back to the file after subtracting it from ve1, i think the ecm will help with getting better milage. i will know wensday evening, thanks agian for that file.

That's correct. It will go Open Loop when HiWay Lean Cruise. I just checked a log and O2 cross counts do continue.

The bin file I did had good/safe Lean Cruise settings... be carefull...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    been playing with lean cruise off an on all week, its working good. there is 2 things i need to ajust, i need to make it idle down faster when coming to a stop and between gear shifts std trans. getting close to 21 mpg an not two many knocks. about 60 knocks in 30 miles at 65mph 87 octane gas. that is average driving ,dirt road, gravel road, hiway.i think i need to ajust the iac numbers,but where and how much?

IAC position vs coolant temperature. After the engine starts, the IAC is decayed from the park position to this position, with adjustments.
    These adjustments can include: A/C on, baro, low battery. It is better to set the IAC position vs. coolant values a little on the low side. This allows the rpm to drop below the desired idle speed, to then be controlled to desired idle. Otherwise, it seems as though the idle never drops down to where it should be.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    blake here is a bin file that works pretty good in my truck, the way i drive on 89 octane fuel 5 speed overdrive std trans 3.73 rear gears. if you get into tuner pro you can enable lean cruise by lowering the hiway enabling temp for lean cruise. make sure you have some good oil in your engine, i run quaker 10-40 most of the time, tried the devie quaker it dont work with lean cruise in my truck. i got lean cruise set 15.1 the engine burned a lot more oil and what was left when i changed it this morning was real thick. my old truck has a lot of miles on it. but its tunning pretty good . here is a data log file aso with lean cruise disabled to check blm,if i can get it to post

EDIT by EagleMark: Don't use this bin file!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey ony... I copied your post back to your thread.

I had some time to look at your data log and found some issues. You do have your fueling VE/BLM dialed in nicely. But I think you can do a lot better MPG and running wise.

Biggest issue is AKSF or AKSK are both supercedded chips, meaning GM thought there was something wrong and made a new one! So there are better choices to start with.

It looks like an Open Loop idle bin and it took forever to go Closed loop! Like most V6 bins it's Async fueling and I don't like them at all! I have never swapped a Sync fueling bin to a V6 but have to an I6 and they run much better. With Async fueling the BPW hack does not work and neither will the MPG history table, this table is a lot of help for dialing in fuel milage.

There's also an issue with spark advance? It's always 5 degrees less then your spark advance table at cruise and other times as far as 10 degrees less? This may be why it was surperceeded? Or another issue? Is this a 4.3L? What distributor does this engine have? Small cap or large cap with coil in it? The only time I saw any real knock looked like the ESC test and if this is the bin I set up Hiway Lean Cruise on then the ESC test was also turned off? I don't know why else it would add 10 degrees at WOT for a split second?

Anyway I think you should start with a new bin, you can copy your fueling table into it.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    eagle mark i have been playing with the bin file and probly got it turned of. i copyed my fuel table to the file you posted before this morning run it the next couple days see how it does. ever thing will proble change temp droped from 75 to 40 last night. it has a small dist cap i my have the wrong spark control box on it mybe off a v8 and mine is a v6.would one of them heated o2 help any?