Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TBI Chips .com help! i need a drivable truck soon

i take it that thread about my chip?

yep ug ha sounds good. jk.

should i ad more fuel psi to get rid of the lean at wot?

ya it is not crisp that i what i was talking about with the hesitation at low acceleration.

yes i am using the stock memcal on the g1

it drive good, much better then the other chips. the only thing i noted was the hesitation and the tcc locking up a little soon. seems to have alot better low end.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Yes, or 74lb injectors at 17psi.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcat400 View Post
    this is the log from today with the 74ib injestors at 16psi.
    Yup, I told you 17 and you set it at 16. The VE tables are set high, it's easier to take out fuel then add and safer. But with the missing 1 psi I'd have to run VE higher then 90% which I don't like.

i take it that thread about my chip?

yep ug ha sounds good. jk.

ya it is not crisp that i what i was talking about with the hesitation at low acceleration.

yes i am using the stock memcal on the g1

it drive good, much better then the other chips. the only thing i noted was the hesitation and the tcc locking up a little soon. seems to have alot better low end.
    TCC settings are stock for your truck, with the motor build it's torque curve has moved up is why your felling the TCC is locking to early. We can reduce it... how much? 5 MPH?

Tell me more about the hesitation? If it's from dead stop at idle in gear it may be because idle fuel is way rich. If it's other areas it still may be short of AE.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

ok i will bump it up to 17. in a pm you told me 16 but whatever no big deal. i will bump it today and get a log tomorrow. who knows maybe it will be the fix all.

not so much at the speed, it is when you are at one speed as soon as you are there for a second it locks up. so like if you are acceloration and you let off for a second it locks up. i feel it should be a longer delay before it locks up? it also seems like it takes a lot to get the converter to unlock. when you want to speed up, you really have to get on it or tap the brake to get it to unlock.

when you go to accelerate from say 30mph it just hesitates before it starts to pull, it is not much and doesn't bog just a small hesitation.you notice it more the more you get on it. it also does it from a stop also. can the idle be leaned out or is that because of the bigger injectors?

on the idle thing when you come up to a light it seams like it is idling too high. i wants to push trough the brakes almost.

Idle is set high on purpose, it can lowered the idle a little now we have some data.

Idle can be adjusted.

AE for bog can be adjusted.

TCC can be set to lower RPM... but your describing a lot more then should be happening with stock chip, stock tires and stock gearing? Isn't that a new trans? Maybe a transmission inspection after build is in order...

-= =-

OK i bumped it to 17. the hesitation seems to have gotten worse, and i have came to a conclusion it is because of the the richness at idle. it seems to do it more at the lower off idle rpm's.

idle seems fine when in park just to high when in gear. can we even adjust just that?

the trans was rebuil and built to hold the power. i am going to try and give him a call and see what he did with the tcc lockup.

Yes on idle, don't worry about that.

The Acceleration issue... if it is from idle, well idle is to rich so don't compare it. Drive in second gear at 1200 RPM approx. and accelerate? How is it? Then again at 1500 rpm?

the trans was rebuil and built to hold the power. i am going to try and give him a call and see what he did with the tcc lockup.
    Having a tranny inspection is a good thing on a new trans. I knew it was new and you've never had a good running truck, so I did not want to touch anything in trans, it drives tranny shop guys nuts when they act differently then they are supposed to. Let him know tranny calibration in chip is correct and stock for that truck.

-= =-

i did just that for you. i also did it in drive.
    Attached Files Attached Files

here is the latest log

ok i got the newest chip from eagle installed . he made some adjustments to the shift tables. holly crap. it woke the truck up. i can tell now that i was loosin power not using the higher rpm. he is doing an awsome job getting this truck tuned in.

i attached the newest log. as well as a highway cruse.

I knew you would like that!

Sorry we had to wait on the transmission changes while disling in the motor. I was scared your brand new tranny might have had issues driving it with the 1994 chip from TBIChips.com in a 1995 transmission. Glad the inspection came out OK.

-= =-

Kyle, at this point I'd need some feedback for anything you feel needs an adjustment. You've said your real happy and I'm glad after what you went through earlier in this thread. All I get is positive feedback, so no issues?

I can do some fine tuning to fuel tables with the last 2 logs, but nothing that is necessary or you will notice. There's barely a knock count and plenty of spark so we are way safe for a street truck. You did mention you may be hitting a fuel cutt off between 3-4 shift I'll look for.

-= =-

the only thing i could think of is maybe lowering the lowest speed for the 1-2 shift. other than that every thing seams fine. just kind of weird driving trough the sub at 2500rpm

OK I'll find that in log and adjust. Yeah 2500 RPM 1>2 shift is a little high if that is a low throttle/TPS? Like light normal cruise? It would be good at say 50% throttle...

Of course I don't see a very light foot anywhere in your logs...

For example hitting the fuel cut off at 98 MPH... I had changed the RPM to match the tune and didn't touch the MPH...

-= =-

ya under good accel it is nice but under light driving it gets a little loud.

ya i have a heavy foot on back roads

did it hit a cut off at 98? i didnt even notice it but i shut down around there when it was still pullin. this truck never pulled this hard at that speed, not that i drive that fast or anything.

Looks like you hit cut off, it shifted and you let off?

-= =-