Thread: da connected but no data

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

da connected but no data

Went thru tutorial many times,have a 7747 ecm and have loaded the 7747 v5 xdf and the 7747v5 adf and a bin for a "89" truck deff. file onto TP.Now when I hook up cable and enter "data connect" i get the blue DA connected and to the left 82hz.but I can get no data flow,no dash I have gone over this over and over and it has not changed any help would be appreciated.com 3 is port location and have that with plug ins on TP setup.It appears to be connecting but no vissible data.

I just checked one of my 7747 logs and it shows 3.xx hz You've been having issues and I think it's an incorrect install of the cable.

Saw you running compatibility mode Windows XP and no reason to with Windows 7 and TunerPro. XP drivers were an issue if done through WIndows update online, had to manually install drivers.

Plug your cable into laptop, no need for vehicle, and go to Control Panel, Device Manager, find the com port and check driver. Should be
    Driver FTDI
    Date 4/10/2012
    Version 2.8.24.0

Do the same for the USB Serial Converter.

Or uninstall all USB in device manager and restart, let it install what's on laptop, then first thing to plug in is cable and make sure the above drivers are installed.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Mark,the xp was only for winaldl.however I have not configured my cable for TP only winaldl.I will go in and try to do what you have laid out .not only am I learning TP and tunning but also computers in general and I don't always no the terms or some simple computer steps.thanks again for responding.

Open TunerPro and go to Tools, Preferences, Data Acquisisition/Emulation, Choose Use Plug in, configure plug in and make sure it is on the correct Comm port, Test for Valid Interface using settings... with cable plugged in.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    usb serial converter correct
    usb serial port correct
    tried the test valid interface and it finds cable and operating with cable hooked on on both ends but whene you turn the key on it can no longer find cable when you test vald interface.I am at my job sight testing on my 8747 ecm on my work van with loaded $4f xdf and $4f adf fies and same bin.

Fuel Injected!
    some reason i cant reply to thread Ill try again
    usb searial convertor driver correct
    usb serial port driver correct
    under (usb serial convertor properties)
    loation port#0002 and hub #0004
    i dont know if this has any thing to do with com3 location on my usb port and tunerpro at com3

Fuel Injected!
    Starting to think if just getting a cable hooked up is this difficult tunning may very well be impossible .