Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: da connected but no data

Fuel Injected!

da connected but no data

Went thru tutorial many times,have a 7747 ecm and have loaded the 7747 v5 xdf and the 7747v5 adf and a bin for a "89" truck deff. file onto TP.Now when I hook up cable and enter "data connect" i get the blue DA connected and to the left 82hz.but I can get no data flow,no dash I have gone over this over and over and it has not changed any help would be appreciated.com 3 is port location and have that with plug ins on TP setup.It appears to be connecting but no vissible data.

I just checked one of my 7747 logs and it shows 3.xx hz You've been having issues and I think it's an incorrect install of the cable.

Saw you running compatibility mode Windows XP and no reason to with Windows 7 and TunerPro. XP drivers were an issue if done through WIndows update online, had to manually install drivers.

Plug your cable into laptop, no need for vehicle, and go to Control Panel, Device Manager, find the com port and check driver. Should be
    Driver FTDI
    Date 4/10/2012
    Version 2.8.24.0

Do the same for the USB Serial Converter.

Or uninstall all USB in device manager and restart, let it install what's on laptop, then first thing to plug in is cable and make sure the above drivers are installed.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Mark,the xp was only for winaldl.however I have not configured my cable for TP only winaldl.I will go in and try to do what you have laid out .not only am I learning TP and tunning but also computers in general and I don't always no the terms or some simple computer steps.thanks again for responding.

Open TunerPro and go to Tools, Preferences, Data Acquisisition/Emulation, Choose Use Plug in, configure plug in and make sure it is on the correct Comm port, Test for Valid Interface using settings... with cable plugged in.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    usb serial converter correct
    usb serial port correct
    tried the test valid interface and it finds cable and operating with cable hooked on on both ends but whene you turn the key on it can no longer find cable when you test vald interface.I am at my job sight testing on my 8747 ecm on my work van with loaded $4f xdf and $4f adf fies and same bin.

Fuel Injected!
    some reason i cant reply to thread Ill try again
    usb searial convertor driver correct
    usb serial port driver correct
    under (usb serial convertor properties)
    loation port#0002 and hub #0004
    i dont know if this has any thing to do with com3 location on my usb port and tunerpro at com3

Fuel Injected!
    Starting to think if just getting a cable hooked up is this difficult tunning may very well be impossible .

Trying to learn computers at our age is a challenge, I'm glad I started in the 90's! And it's still a challenge!

So with cable plugged in you found it in device manager as Com port 3, drivers are correct, TunerPro is set to Comm 3 and tests good? Don't worry it does not test good connected to vehicle.

With TunerPro open right click on tool bar at top and check them all, these icons are easier to learn then all the others under like Acqusistion, Tools etc...

Connect cable to vehicle, vehicle running, TunerPro running and Acqusition Start/Stop Data scan or click on the 2 arrows icon up top, also click on the folder icon or Acqusistion Show Data Lists and data should show... this is how I do it and then click record, when you stop recording it will prompt you to save the file with a name. Attach that file here and we will take a look. To attach click the button under the quick reply box that says Go Advanced and a new window will open, under that window is an attachment manager to find file.

You are taking on a big challenge to learn computers let alone tuning! If it's not in your blood or you don't have time it's going to be no fun! Once you get the hang of it, it is rewarding and better then wasting time with TV or at a bar!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Well lMark thats good because I dont have tv and I havnt been to a bar in 30 years.I really do appreciate this help more than you know,I just got home and will go thru these steps and see what I can come up with,hey I was happy to get the laptop running on my phone with pda.net.

Fuel Injected!
    just thaught of somthing,ecm sticker is gone but chip from TBIchips has 7747 on it but I dont know for a fact what ecm I have.Is there any way of knowing?
    bin file ANLW 89 c-g-k-r-v truck 5.7tbi with 2.73 gears.bin
    xdf file $42-1227747-v5.0 adx.
    adx file $42-1227747-v5.0 adx.
    these are the files Im using do these look ok if in fact I do have the 7747 ecm?
    The eprom was in the ecm when I got it,dont know any thing about it.It has 7747hot auto written on it.

Fuel Injected!
    I hooked up to rig,once again it connected wth the blue(da connected)but no data showing up,it did allow me to start data log and stop data logg and name file but i can find no data logs in the file.I had to do this with key on engine off because rig ran out of gas,its burning it faster than I can put it in.

There won't be much activity in a log with engine not running, while connected you can accelerate and watch TPS voltage? Need to play it back in TunerPro or export it to a Excel spreadsheet file to see data.

Post the log.

You have the right files, weather you have the right ECM and chip? Does the ECM have a second, smaller removable chip?

Check Engine Light, does it come on when key on, blink, then stay on til engine is started and go off?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    yes there is a smllier chip along with the eprom and yes the light blinks once then stays on til engine start.datloggedin TP and actvated TPS a few times to get movement, stopped logging ,saved log,went in to tunerpro under acquisition,load logfile,play/pause playing log came up in small lower window,times were flowing and bar across top was moving but there was no visible data showing at all.I will try my hand at loading the file after I post this one.

Fuel Injected!
    ok I got data file under "manage files" but cant get it on this area to be able yo post it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I see it does it on its own.when I open this file from here it just opens TP.