Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: All O2 sensors created equal?

Those are the stock settings for the BJYM bin file I started with, I also did a compare of it and BJYL and it was the same? What are you seeing? You think the bin might not have up/downloaded correctly?

Is there a specific (4.3 manual) bin you reccomend? And is there a copy of it in the $0D thread?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

It may have been my notes? Nothing specific on the 4.3 manual. It's just that $OE manual bin has been nothing but trouble... and once again you need to lower MAP enable AE and it wanted to raise...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Ok, had some time this morning to play around with the bin and do a log. As requested I did the following changes to the bin:
    As requested by Eaglemark, I removed 5* from the main timing table and disabled DFCO.
    I copied all the AE and DE parameters from a manual trans bin.

I drove the same trip as the last log only going about another 1/4 mile before turning around. I jabbed on the throttle a bit once I got on the main road to get a good ae reading. I also stopped about halfway back home and did a medium pull (making sure to go into PE) but didnt go wot. Not sure if yall wanted a pe run in the log, but did one just incase.

AFR is still all over the place, but shifting does feel a little better with the new ae settings. I did notice a bit less power with the reduced timing. Nothing major, but noticeable.

I looked at the before mentioned 4.3 manual bin, then looked at my old 7.4 manual bin. I ended up deciding to use the 7.4 ae setting instead of the 4.3. I figured the settings from a engine 0.8L bigger than mine is a lot closer than a engine 2.3L and two cylinder smaller than mine.
    I originally copied all the DFCO settings from it too, but had very negative results, so I changed them back. But like said, I disabled dfco for the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

I quickly pulled the AFR's, see pics below. Overall, a touch rich. The timing seems to have moved most the AFR cells closer, the min / max is closer. There are several ways to tune, I'm thinking maybe set the injector flow +1 or +2 to leans things up across all the cells? I'll do a select export of the data log to see what AE looks like.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the AE sorted from the log, see attached .zip files. Besure to look at both sheets on the .xls file.

dave w

Would someone tell me why desired AFR chages? Or why INT and BLM go off the chart both high and low constantly? Nothing is steady?

-= =-

If it has you stumped, then it must be a good one....lol
    Like said before, it started when I went to mpfi, it behaved more normally back with the tbi. Other than the screwy afr, it runs way better with the mpfi. Thats whats making me want to build a adapter harness and try out a factory mpfi ecm (7730) if we cant get this figured out. I'm still curious to know if the mpfi has anything to do with it. Do we know anyone else on here or other forums that has also done the 7427 mpfi swap/hack?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    If it has you stumped, then it must be a good one....lol
    Like said before, it started when I went to mpfi, it behaved more normally back with the tbi. Other than the screwy afr, it runs way better with the mpfi. Thats whats making me want to build a adapter harness and try out a factory mpfi ecm (7730) if we cant get this figured out. I'm still curious to know if the mpfi has anything to do with it. Do we know anyone else on here or other forums that has also done the 7427 mpfi swap/hack?
    Take a look at this .bin, it's supposed to be for a 7427 PCM Chevy 5.7 MPFI.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post

dave w
    That would be cool!

The only time a desired AFR should change is... depending on PCM... is during PE. I looked at another $0D log and it was a flat line, yours has ups and downs.

On a log of my truck desired AFR, WBO2 AFR, INT/STFT, BLM/LTFT all stay about flat while TPS percent can do whatever it wants.

Something is wrong and your not going to tune it out.

-= =-

dave w
    It is!

And most of the changes outlined for Async, Sync, BPW in the writeup are close.... but there seems to be one difference at $5BC1 from TBI bins $81 to that CPI bin $00. It is not even in the $0D disassembly!

EDIT: Corrected

-= =-

Mark, I am looking at the usaf.bin as posted, and it is all zeros from $5BB8 to $5D00 in my $0D disassembly and in the usaf.bin. Are you sure about that address?
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Yes, but I had it backwards. TBI is 81 and MPFI is 00, I corrected it in my above post.

$5BC1 from TBI bins $81 to that CPI bin $00

-= =-

dave w
    Interesting. Do we have any idea what this bin originally started out as? Instead of comparing it to my bin (where there is crazy stupid ammounts of differences) it would be interesting to see it compared to what that bin was originally. That way we can see what changed from original.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark
    Something is wrong and your not going to tune it out
    So are you saying its a mechanical issue and not something in the ecm/bin/tune?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark
    And most of the changes outlined for Async, Sync, BPW in the writeup are close.... but there seems to be one difference at $5BC1 from TBI bins $81 to that CPI bin $00. It is not even in the $0D disassembly!
    Now thats interesting. And its not even in the hack? So do we any idea what this mystery parameter is? What about adding it to the defination? If I wanted to add it, would it be a scaler, a flag, or a table, and is it 1,2, or 3 byte?

I did a compare to a stock BJYM bin. It is a real MPFI/CPI bin.

Don't know if it's mechanical or this bin?

Jimin Dorris is looking at this strage change in hex code?

If I were you? I'd use this bin with as little changes as possible and try it. Injector size, Engine Displacement, EGR Off or whatever need be. Nothing else, tune the VE, tune the spark later off the tables only and leave all bias as is...

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Interesting. Do we have any idea what this bin originally started out as? Instead of comparing it to my bin (where there is crazy stupid ammounts of differences) it would be interesting to see it compared to what that bin was originally. That way we can see what changed from original.
    I don't know what the original .bin file was. The vehicle application, as I remember it, was a 94 or 95 Suburban, 5.7 liter, 4L60E. The Suburban owner installed the Edelbrock TBI to MPFI system (I think the Edelbrock part # is 3501 / 3502) and was not 100% satisfied with the service from Edelbrock. Anyway the vehicle owner found someone to convert his '7427 PCM to MPFI and burned him a chip, and that's what I've posted. To the best of my knowledge, it's a good '7427 MPFI .bin that works.