Thread: Speed Density Log File Analyzer

Log File Analyzer

THIS VERSION NO LONGER SUPPORTED.. Go here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-File-Analyzer

Log File Analyzer - Version History
    v11 – September 24, 2013
    Changes were made to eliminate all samples where Injector BPW = 0. This was done to better report Average BLM and INT values because BLM and INT values are frozen in sample data at the value immediately before BPW goes to zero during deceleration:

• Injector Tab
      • Now reporting both Batch Fire and Sequential Fire Duty Cycles
      • Now showing Averages of Battery and Pump voltages as well as Time Between Reference Pulses without regard to BPW=0
      • BPW Min and Max values show zero if all samples detected have BPW=0.

• VE Tables Tab
    • Added section of VE tables for BLM and INT that excludes samples where BPW=0. Not eliminating these samples has the potential of distorting Average BLM and INT values.

v10 - August 17, 2013

• VE Table Fueling Tab
      • Both Upper 3D VE Tables were incorrectly in Lower VE Table format. Can’t remember why. Likely because copy and paste was used to easily create the Upper tables once the lower table was developed.
      • Minor formula errors were corrected in both of the 3D Upper VE tables. Apologies to those using the upper table BLM and INT values for VE Correction. The “Average VE Table Change Factors” in the column to the left of the VE Tables are correct and did not require change.

• VE CORRECTION Tab
      • This new Tab was added to the right of the “VE Table Fueling” Tab to allow copying of data from this new Tab to a VE Correction Spreadsheet. Data cannot be copied from the VE Table Fueling Tab because it is Protected to avoid inadvertent formula changes

v09 11/21/2012

• Analyzer now provides 3-D VE and Spark Tables in TunerPro format. Each cell of a table that was accessed during a logging session shows the average BLM or INT value (VE Tables), or SA-TDC value (SA Tables).

Original Post 11/13/2012

• Uploaded with this post a Speed Density Log File Analyzer program I’ve been working on and using for several months. It automatically reads and analyzes all samples in a TunerPro log file and presents the analyzed data in BLM Table and VE Table formats. BLM and INT Change Factors are provided for use in quickly adjusting the VE Tables based on RPM and kPa. Other data are also provided to aid in tuning.

Would appreciate your feedback.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 84Elky; 07-17-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Version no longer supproted. Linked to latest version.

Tha't pretty impressive! Thanks for sharing!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Cool Tool

I finally got some time to play with it.
    Very nice indeed!

One thing I did do that may confuse people is that I put the entire path of the log file.
    Can't do that, throws errors. Just the name works (not sure how that does it but it works)

Running my 20K sample log file of the last highway drive I did shows less than 0.02 correction needed on all my fueling for the most part.
    Didn't think I did that well with my tuning :)
    Good work and I know it took some serious time to get right.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jp
    86 Monte, 406, Hyd Roller, 700R4 beefed, G3-APU1 and NVSRAM 730, S_AUJP

Thanks JP & Eagle --
    JP - Had some time last week, so was able to add some things. Check out the new version 3-D VE & SA Tables where you can see every cell accessed during a log with the average value realized. Several other changes that might be of benefit.

New Analyzer

Version Updates
    V11i 12/21/2015
    - Corrected divide by zero error if last log sample is the last sample completing an o2 data sample period as specified on the INPUT Tab

V11h 12/15/2015
    - Additions to BLM and o2 Tabs

Initial Release v11b 10/15/2015
    Have had requests for o2 data in the Analyzer, so decided to add it. But this version can only be used with Excel 2007 and higher. Also made several improvements to the prior version, one being that it now calculates 3 times faster. Virtually everything you would want to know about a log is provided.

While this is for Speed Density, in many areas it should still provide good data for MAF.
    Last edited by 84Elky; 12-22-2015 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Update