Thread: DIY-EFI mailing list and website alive and well!

DIY-EFI mailing list and website alive and well!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the DIY-EFI mailing list is alive and well. I've taken over moderation/maintenance duties for both the list and website. I do know there is another website that recently came online as well, but I'm not affiliated with that website. The DIY-EFI mailing list has been around since the 90's, and there are a lot of knowledgeable folks who subscribe. OBD-1 and OBD-2 discussions are welcome, so long as there is some element of DIY involved! (This obviously includes just about any tuning topic.)

Subscriptions and archives: http://lists.diy-efi.org/mailman/listinfo/diy_efi
    Website (currently undergoing reorganization): http://www.diy-efi.org/

--Brian

WOW!!

I thought that site was a goner after the last time it went down.

Good to hear it is back up. :D
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    WOW!!

I thought that site was a goner after the last time it went down.

Good to hear it is back up. :D
    It's actually been back up for a while. But it's been neglected for several years, and I hated to see all that info just rot away. So I offered to step in and help with the maintenance duties. The mailing list just sprang back to life, amazingly enough!

I thought it was goner too, for many years I watched it dissapear and show up again, sometimes info was gone forever. Really a shame for those who contributed so much and the cornerstone for what we are enjoying now!

Glad you found a way and are doing it!

I tried several times over the years to do the same, then even offered to host it all here later. But never got a reply?

Long time ago I started saving the entire DIY-EFI site, probably still have everything on CDs and my old desktop if you need them?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Long time ago I started saving the entire DIY-EFI site, probably still have everything on CDs and my old desktop if you need them?
    I will take you up on that offer! I'm working my way through everything, trying to restore links that are broken (or at least find the material they used to point to). There are some very good resources on the site (esp. for OBD-1 tuning) that you really have to dig for to find. My goal is to eventually move everything to a wiki or something similar so that registered users can modify and add new info.

Check your PMs...

--Brian

You have a HUGE job ahead just with dead links!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Administrator
    I hope the list is able to maintain the flexibility and technical mix it once had. I think my first real introduction to suspension design was through a gmecm discussion.

My goal is to eventually move everything to a wiki or something similar so that registered users can modify and add new info.
    ?? There was a wiki.

There indeed was a wiki...not only was it spammed, but it was responsible (for some strange reason) for using nearly all of the DIY-EFI allocated bandwidth per month! Microsoft bots kept trying to index pages, and I guess TWiki isn't so search-engine friendly. I'm sure robots.txt wasn't configured right either. At any rate, I intend to lose nothing in whatever I decide to migrate all this to...

The technical discussions have already started!

--Brian