Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: On my 4th Tbichips.com chip and still have issues? Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1slos10 View Post
    Dave, what would you need from me to tune this thing? Would I need to buy the moates burner and g1 adapter as well?i gotta get this thing running right soon! When I started it this morning cold even my little girl said my truck smelled like gas. Not to mention I'm going broke driving 75 miles a day getting 9 mpg!
    My initial reason to reply to this tread was to help with understanding what might be wrong with your current chip. The DataMaster TTS logs posted look rich. I've posted information on my tuning method to help everyone understand more about the tuning process. I've posted information on the parts and equipment needed to tune and / or remote tune. I feel TBI Chips should correct / custom tune a chip for their customers. If TBI Chips is not able to meet your needs as a customer, sure I'd like to lobby my chip tuning services as option for you to consider.

PM sent.

dave w

An update on the progress of the remote tuning. It's close for Chip 2.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Dave is doing a great job getting this thing sorted out. Very happy with the progress we are making so far! Dave you need to make up some Old School EFI stickers, I would gladly plaster one on my back window to advertise for you!

Carb and Points!
    Boy this thread brings back memories from many years ago. I went through 14 TBIChips before calling it quits. I sent log after log after log and mailed memcal after memcal. They weren't close. A guy who's on here and FSC tuned mine in person in about an hour while I was driving. I simply could not believe how quick he dialed it in and with a wideband at that. He used Tuner Pro.

If I did not have someone to tune a tbi vehicle in person, I would not build a tbi engine. JMHO

Electronic Ignition!
    I think you guys have saved me a lot of time and a headache. I've been having exactly the same issues with my tbichips "custom" chip for my 4.3 to vortec 350 swap. Feels flat and surges below 2000 rpm then grabs on and pulls. He's been having me track down mechanical issues, but with a stock 350 chip it runs much much better, although a little lean. I've just mailed back the first attempt, so I'll wait and see what chip number 2 brings, but seeing this thread and doing some reading I think I would rather attempt to tune it on my own.

Fuel Injected!
    If you dont want to tune it yourself, and dont mind doing some data logging, Dave W can get it straightened out for you. My truck runs great now, after I switched to him from tbichips, and we are just fine tuning everything now. 2 Thumbs up for what Dave has done for my truck, as I was literally ready to set it on fire!