Thread: $OD Corvair bin file - Got any advise?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

$OD Corvair bin file - Got any advise?

Got any advice? OK.. some of you may know that I have been working on a Corvair bin file for a couple of years using at 6395 ECM with DIS. The starter bin file usually does not resemble anything after I get through with what it takes to make the engine run. The offsets that you see (55 degrees initial) is for the DIS. I wanted some real smart people to look at this file and tell me if you see any glaring errors that I have created with testing over the years. I use a romulator to change bin files on the fly so Im sure I have made a few whopper mistakes that I didnt change back. BLMs are pretty close all around and timing is about 5 degrees from ping just about everywhere.

The Engine specs: 164 ci, 110 HP, stock cam, dual GM TBI-700 throttle bodies. Automatic Trans but cant signal ECM when shifting from drive/park, etc. Used engine with about 100K miles. Heated O2 sensor.

The engine runs pretty good under all situations. I have good smooth power and pretty good cold performance.

What I dont like:
    Idle is a little bouncy in N at 750 RPMs but less in gear, but I might be a little too critical. I see the AE pop on and off and have mad many attempts to change that, but never succesful. I would love to have a real smooth idle.
    When shifting from N to D, the Idle drops to around 450 and takes about 4-6 secs to get idle back to 750. RPM recovery was better in the past, but I'm sure I have made changes that killed that.

The log file I have is with AFR loopup disabled for BLM recording. The xdl is too large for uploading, but I have posted to my website http://www.corvair-efi.com/upload/102312.xdl As you can see from this bin file, I learned with I know from the school of trial and error and wished I had been on the forum a couple years ago.

Thanks for your time to look and I will put my "tough skin" on.

Ted
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ted Brown
    Anderson, SC
    68 Corvair EFI
    61 Corvair Loadside Pickup (Future EFI)