Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd, question, I need the wiring diagram for a dodge caravan

Hello folks, I just signed on here to have a look at the Caravan wiring diagram. Thanks for posting that btw! I too came home from the junkyard with a two speed Caravan fan to repurpose, but was scratching my head why the grounds were separated.

In fact I'm still scratching my head why the grounds are separated, when the fan is running on low and if the high ground is grounded, what is the effect? I suppose there will be induced voltage on the high speed wire, maybe that induced voltage goes to ground if grounded and power is wasted? Any EE's among us....

Did you bother with the high speed ground relay? Or just ground them both and make do with two power relays, one for each speed? Actually I've about talked myself into isolating the ground like Crysler did, but it'd be great to hear other opinions.

thanks
    Jesse

I actually ended up not using this fan. My measurements were off and it ended up being too thick, it would hit the water pump pulley on my engine.
    Sorry I couldnt be of more help.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Well thats too bad, I thought that was one of the narrower ones in the junkyardf. Since I don't understand the logic, I"m just playing it safe and running the extra relay.