Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I disable PE?

Fuel Injected!

How do I disable PE?

I’m new at the this electronic tuning, so be gentle , I want to learn.
    I’m getting good data logging but, have read that I should disable PE to get more accurate BLM history to make VE changes.

How do I disable PE, there are three PE tables?
    Do I zero all 3 or just one?
    Another thread mentioned that AE should also be disabled. 4 tables for AE.
    The following are in $42-1227747-V4.xdf
    PE - AFR
    PE – TPS Multi vs. Baro
    PE – Enable vs. TPS %
    I’m working with the following:
    TunerPro RT V5
    ASDU
    $42-1227747-V4.xdf
    $42-1227747-V4.adx
    Thanks, Mark J
    Side note: $42-1227747-V4.xdf - “VE as %(FL1) Corrected” and VE as %(FL1)” X&Y co-ordinates are opposite.
    Last edited by majacoby; 10-18-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: update

Easy answer is get newer versions of $42 XDF and ADX.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

In Paremeter Tree choose Paremeter Catagory and look for folder called "Turn Off For Datalogging". Instructions included.

Turning off PE is a way to get more cells filled in without skewing data from extra PE fuel. Remember everything is an adjustment from Main VE, if Main VE is not correct then neither is anything else. Get VE in ballpark before messing with anything else.

Forget turning off AE, it will drive so bad you won't get good data. AE is there before and after and unless you are way lean or increased way rich it won't hurt BLM readings. This ECM is so slow I'm not sure it would anyway.

VE corrected is just X and Y reversed. But this is proper from hack, it has been reversed forever as how it's displayed but changes to each cell are same. The reason to leave the old one that is reversed is it matches spreadsheet and waht people are used to.

Good read for $42:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...4-7747-ve1-ve2
    This will put 100% into VE1 and make spreadsheet accurate.

Good Data Log tip! Totally warmed up and driven or reved to dry out intake. Disconnect power to ECM to clear BLM learn. Start vehicle, closed loop, start data log. 15 minutes per log, adjust VE, smooth table, rinse and repeat...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    EagleMark,
    How does the version numbering of XDF and ADX files work here at GearHead EFI?
    From the numbers I had I thought I had the latest.
    Does it matter if the XDF and ADX file extenions match?
    Is the folder called "Turn Off For Datalogging" not in $42-1227747-V4.xdf?
    I'm not finding "Turn Off For Datalogging". I found a scalars "PE - Cool Temp Thres for PE *Off for BLM*".
    The X and Y difference on the VE tables make sence now.
    I'll study the other links this evening.
    Thanks, MarkJ

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post

In Parameter Tree choose Parameter Category and look for folder called "Turn Off For Data logging". Instructions included.
    I don't think I had categories built into V4. Or levels, or colored alarms in tables or... who knows I just keep adding stuff.

No real guidelines for version numbers, as they get bigger they are newer. They don't have to be the same version from XDF to ADX. Data Tracing will work on any version from about V3 up. As I keep adding stuff the version changes, I don't keep records of the changes like real software guys do...

Just grab the new ones, everything from earlier versions is there just more stuff and options of TunerPro used.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I downloaded V5.1 and it has the goods! Thanks!
    I will try to do some logging over the weekend.
    Thanks for updating too! It just make things easier for us old timers.

Have to add updates as I learn them or I forget... they say you loose three things with age, first was memory and I forget the other 2...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Good one!!
    Thanks again!

Fuel Injected!
    I have been datalogging and using the Dave W spreadsheet “VE correction table for Tunerpro” to try to tune my VE. I keep getting results that say I should increase the numbers in the cells in the “VE as % (FL1) *use for spreadsheet*).

My history “Running Average” after 5 runs always has BLM values of 132 to 140 in the recorded boxes. The truck is running better but I find that I keep increasing the VE tables in the same cells.

Here’s how I’m using the spreadsheet and history:
    1. I run my history and copy the “Running Average” to the spreadsheet.
    2. I copy the current “VE as % (FL1) *use for spreadsheet*) to the sheet too.
    3. I then manually enter the “Correction factor with average BLM Tabled” (Bottom table) values to the “VE as % (FL1) *use for spreadsheet*) table and save.
    I’m working with the following:
    TunerPro RT V5
    ASDU
    $42-1227747-V5.1.xdf
    $42-1227747-V4.adx
    Semi stock 1990 k1500 with a 350 with plained and grooved heads. No cat (Exempt – under 5K a year in PA) 3 inch cat back turbo muffler. K&N filter. 4.10 rear.

Am I doing something wrong or do I keep progressing until I see BLM’s of 128?
    Thanks, Mark J

Your doing fine, 132 to 140 is close, you'll never get perfect 128 everywhere all the time. Even if you did it would change with weather. Within 6 of 128 is perfect to me.

Look at your VE1 table in wireframe view and see it's shape. Then re-read the link above for adding VE1 and VE2, it also explains smoothing and the effect of surrounding cells. If your wireframe view has sharp peaks or valleys you'll understand why you keep adjusting same cells with limited results.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I decided to start with the base ASDU and pull all numbers into the VE1 and zero VE2. I'm following the examples in http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...4-7747-ve1-ve2 link.
    How do you get your graphs to orientate with the lowest to the front bottom and not like my default with lowest to the back mid-right?
    Seems like it would be easier to smooth with the view you are using.

Right click hold, move mouse.
    or
    Cntrl, Left click hold and move mouse.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    It's all about knowing those little tricks to make thing easier!!!
    Thanks again!

Fuel Injected!
    Now since I changed my bin to consolidate the VE1 and VE2 into VE1 only, can I still run my history BLM " running AVG" against the revised bin and get the desired results? (Bench tuning.)

Yup! I use History average on short runs. History average is set to 100 samples in this ADX. I'm not sure how many Running average does? I like to dissconnect power to ECM to kill BLM learn and do short runs, this does a good course adjustment to VE table, then look again in wireframe to smooth peaks and valleys, rinse and repeat. I also look at the historygram for highs and lows and will remove some if sample count is low, fill in blanks with 128 and Cntrl C to copy 3200 RPM up to Ctrl V paste them into the spreadsheet.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I have a similar question, how to disable PE? I am not using $42 however, I am using $31.

I've found the following scalar that appear to give me the option. Could someone confirm this will work?
    Minimum MPH for PE
    Initially set to 0 mph
    Changed to 423 mph (just one click to the right!)