Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do i need vss

Fuel Injected!

do i need vss

do i need vss? im running a lt1 with a powerlide(soon to switch to th350)
    can i delete it on tunerpro?

Without an E-trans it is plausable. You can turn off VSS error, a manual trans bin file would probably be a better start. Just looked through $EE mask and looks like it would be easier then others I have done. May take some tweaking to get right. You'll be better off getting cable and flashing software you need for this project. Mailing a flashing is going to be expensive and a PIA with little changes and testing for no VSS.

PowerGlide? Is this a race car? Just don't see them used anywhere else anymore.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    What bins can i use the has a manual trans and will work with 95 lt1

Well... that's a little tricky as the only Manual bins are for Corvette and Camaro/Y and F body and they have aluminum heads. So lot's of changes. I have one here that is 95 Corvette Manual that I built with all B body/Steel Head paremeters. I beleive CCP, Air Pump,VATS and EGR are turned off. So should be good start for ya!
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thank u EagleMark. Now all i need is a cable lol and use winflash. O and do i need.a vss with this bin?

Do yourself a favor and install a VSS.

In EVERY instance where I initially installed an EFI system without VSS, then added it, the vehicle has ran MUCH better with the VSS than without.

There are inline VSS that get installed at the trans (usually) and use the original cable drive for the VSS, that also has a connection for the original speedo cable. It does not take long to install, but the benefits will be great.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok ive been told dakota digital make some. And some one told me i need to get something that will tell the ecm wat gear im inr

Depending on the car, there may already be a park/neutral switch attached to the steering column, or some aftermarket shifters will have places to mount switches to for this purpose.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

He's right, the VSS is a good sensor! So is park. These all add up to better drivability.

The LT1 PCM is forgiving with VSS. No buffer/VSSB/DRAC Just wire it to PCM and adjust to pulse. Manual has 2k, Auto 40K and some six speeds 17k and I know the Dakota Digatal 8k works. So do others.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i have a 71 nova lt1 with powerglide soon to be th350 so i donnt knnow if it has a park safety switch

I'm sure it does, haven't seen to many cars with auto trans that will start in gear. But you won't need the park wire with this bin as it's manual, so the Park/Neutral - In Gear routine is not there. The reason I put this bin together is I could not make an Auto Bin run an LT1 engine correctly without an E-trans. Kept going into Limp Home Mode/LHM. If you compare a LT1 Auto to Manual bin there are many unidentified Items, meaning Paremeters that are not in the mask/XDF.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Ha dude ur a genis lol. Ok so i need to just reflash my ecm with this bin using winflash

Fuel Injected!
    so I just download tunerpro and select bin but how do I view it and install it on the pcm

Read this:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...is-a-must-read

Here's the mask/XDF file to view the bin and the ADX file to record data:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-EE-EEB

Then you will need TunerCat WinFlash for $20.
    http://www.tunercat.com/winflash_des...lash_desc.html

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    hey i try that been u gave me but my car not staying running now starts then runs at low idle and dies