Thread: $0D, "upshift RPM Vs. shift" Please explain

$0D, "upshift RPM Vs. shift" Please explain

Ok, so I noticed on the $0D and $0E, in the comment line on the flag for manual transmission and/or tcc only flag, that it says that table (0x5D45) must be set to all zero. Why? Of all the other trans parameters in there, why does this one need changed?
    I noticed that in the 0D bin I am running now, that I forgot to change that table and I have not noticed anything odd. Actually, if you have read other threads, this is the best running bin I have run. So I am wondering if I should even bother changing it.
    Anyone have any insight into why it says to set this to zero when running a manual trans, or a "auto without electronic controlls" I noticed this is not set to zeros in the 0D 700r4 bin.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Super Moderator
    sounds like the kickdown shift pattern stuff. i don't see why you would have an issue with it being anything other than 0.

perhaps whoever wrote the XDF was being extra cautious?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Yeah, those tables are in the 4L60E kickdown control category. Since I'm using the TCC only feature on my car I took a look at the xdf comments and what I had set in my bin. I remember seeing that now when setting up the TCC stuff and being confused about what it meant. But, I never changed the upshift RPM vs. shift tables and I haven't had any odd issues either. I don't see where those tables would have any effect on the TCC operation or any other functions when not using a 4L60E trans. Like Robert said, it might been an extra step of caution taken by the author of the xdf. At this point I'm not very concerned about but I am curious though. Unfortunately, I can't offer any more insight, but I can add that my experience has been just fine without touching that table.
    1999 GMC Sierra 1500 standard cab long bed 4.8 V8 2WD - A work in progress.
    2000 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 - My new daily driver inherited from the wife via the insurance company totaling it out after a minor collision.
    2006 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 Supercharged - The wife's new grocery getter.